Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

I've had my HP Spectre x360 13 inch laptop for a few months now. However, today I discovered that both USB-C lightning ports are not allowing the laptop to charge. I have verified that the charger itself works by using it on a different device. Upon plugging other USB-C devices into the port, like a USB-C to HDMI adapter, the devices seem to work, but the fact still remains that the ports do not allow the laptop to charge. It seems like the ports themselves work, but there is something about the charging functionality that isn't working. Could I get some help with this issue? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AhmadKarzoun 

What is your HP Spectre x360 13 ? You need USB-C port which support Power Delivery to be able to charge and please note you need a COMPATIBLE charger to be able to use.

Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Product Number: 1WU65AV

I have always used my USB-C Port to charge my laptop, and have always used this same charger to do so. It just now has seemed to stop working.

HP Recommended

@AhmadKarzoun 

It is an HP SPECTRE X360 - 13T-AE000 CTO machine. CTO (Configure To Order) machines are very hard to find information. It does have USB Type-C port 3.1 Gen 2 (2 ports) with Thunderbolt™ Gen 3 technology supporting the following functions:–

Power delivery–
Data transfer–
DisplayPort 1.2–
HP Sleep & Charge

Is it still under warranty ? Please contact HP directly for help using the following contact points

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is still under warranty

HP Recommended

Was there ever an effective resolution to this issue.  I am experiencing the same thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.