Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0028ca
Microsoft Windows 11

I have been troubleshooting my usb port and the diagnostics show this failure id:  GLHH6X-9JBB6V-MFPXG1-8D4G03

I have tried a system restore. 

Tried deleting all usb in device manager.  Updating the drivers etc 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I read a previous thread that it was a driver causing the issue, however thanks for the troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Dani65 

First do a visual test, look at the USB socket. Sometimes there is dirt/dust inside. Remove it by using a vacuum cleaner or a toothpick. Then run HP Diagnostics test again. When was error " GLHH6X-9JBB6V-MFPXG1-8D4G03 " shown ? USB Test or other test ? Please repeat and send picture.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I did do a visual test.  Again ran diagnostics.  Same issue.  IMG_0482.jpg

HP Recommended

Can you tell me which test you started before ? This message is the result of a test.

HP Recommended

I ran a diagnostics on the usb port.  

HP Recommended

Please run HP diagnostics on <all> usb sockets. Same or different results ?

HP Recommended

There is only one usb port and two c ports.  I pressed esc while restarting entered F2 system diagnostics and then component test and the only option usb port.  Same results

HP Recommended

Hello @Dani65 

It can happen that a connected USB cable is accidentally pulled hard, which can partially tear off the soldered USB socket. This would explain the malfunction. I don't know history of your notebook ...

--- HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support

--- HP warranty expired:

The repair is usually very expensive because the device has to be completely disassembled.

--- Cheap alternative:

As an alternative, I would recommend you to use a < usb-c > hub that also has USB type 2.0/3.0 sockets.

HP Recommended

I have a usb hub, it is just annoying two days ago the usb worked.  i have read and tried a lot of the solutions with the usb.  The laptop is well taken care of.  Yesterday the port worked intermittently with a printer.  So I do not think its due to damage but thanks

HP Recommended

- Case still open -

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.