Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-dy1018ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Device -HP Laptop 15-dy1018ca

Product number:6GH87UA#AB

I bought three USB C - Hubs with HDMI port. None of the HDMI port is working, all other ports on the hub are working. Is there an issue with this model of Laptop HP Laptop 15-dy1018ca? I tried a clean re-install still same issue. All USB C hubs reporting the same issue.

Error 

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A USB port reset request failed.

USB C Hubs tried so far (all of them report the same issue)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YHJV74T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JQFF81H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please advise if there is a work around. Also let me know if there a compatible Hub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @pnsiva,

Unfortunately, the USB-C port on your HP Notebook 15-dy1018ca only supports data transfer. If you do want display output, it needs to either support Thunderbolt 3 or the DP Alt mode. Hence, any USB-C hubs that you are attempting to use all do not support display output.

HP has been rolling out Alt modes for USB-C ports on consumer laptops, but this only includes the ENVY laptops.

Hope that helps,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @pnsiva,

Unfortunately, the USB-C port on your HP Notebook 15-dy1018ca only supports data transfer. If you do want display output, it needs to either support Thunderbolt 3 or the DP Alt mode. Hence, any USB-C hubs that you are attempting to use all do not support display output.

HP has been rolling out Alt modes for USB-C ports on consumer laptops, but this only includes the ENVY laptops.

Hope that helps,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thankyou Eddy for the quick response. Lesson learnt, not all USB C ports are same. I need to be more diligent on my next purchase. I wish HP can provide a dock for such Notebooks. Many new models dont even have ethernet port.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.