Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1073dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1073dx with 250GB SSD hard drive, I would like to know if it's possible to upgrade to 1TB SSD and which are the recommended ones/part #?

Right now, the disk is full and I can't download more games 😞

Thanks in advance,

Guil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate it comes with a 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD.

I recommend this one...

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate it comes with a 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD.

I recommend this one...

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with...

HP Recommended

Hello Paul, just to confirm to make sure I'm going to order the right part...

my SSD is a M.2 2280 BC501 256GB Gen 3x2...can I use a Gen 3 x4?

Thanks in advance,

Guil!

HP Recommended

Hi, Guil:

Yes, you can install a PCIe x 3 x4 SSD.

It will perform depending on the slot speed, but it would be backward compatible to a PCIe 3.0 x2 slot.

HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

The service manual, chapter 1, for the older model series (first one listed) on your notebook's manual page indicates that HP did install PCIe 3x4 SSD's in some models.

M.2, NVMe solid-state drive
1 TB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC
512 GB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC
512 GB, PCIe, value
256 GB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC
256 GB, PCIe, value

HP probably installed the 'value' model in your particular notebook.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul!! Appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

Guil!

HP Recommended

Anytime, Guil.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.