Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 r204ne ?
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to install SSD to my HP 15 r204ne? Can I get any eBay/Amazon links, please? Or even does it supports SSD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See the web document at the  link below this line for guaranteed compatible SSD products for your notebook. Crucial does sell their products in India, so use the part numbers and the Crucial India website .

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-15-r204ne

Most any notebook 2.5" SATA 3D NAND SSD will work.  NVMe products are not compatible with your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

See the web document at the  link below this line for guaranteed compatible SSD products for your notebook. Crucial does sell their products in India, so use the part numbers and the Crucial India website .

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-15-r204ne

Most any notebook 2.5" SATA 3D NAND SSD will work.  NVMe products are not compatible with your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

All three are the correct type, butI cannot say that I would recommend those brands.

They should work.

HP Recommended

Thanks one last query and this is solved - can I have HDD + SSD at a time on my laptop or does it support only one type of hard drive at a time? E.g. currently I have 512GB HDD so can I install an additional SSD to this laptop or would I need to replace HDD with SSD?

HP Recommended

@Masoud28 wrote:

Thanks one last query and this is solved - can I have HDD + SSD at a time on my laptop or does it support only one type of hard drive at a time? E.g. currently I have 512GB HDD so can I install an additional SSD to this laptop or would I need to replace HDD with SSD?

There appears to be only the option of a single hard disk for your notebook.

The only interface available is a SATA interface with a  2.5" legacy spinner notebook hard disk or SATA 3D NAND 2.5" SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.