Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thanks @Dr-Soong0101, those steps worked perfectly.  I now have the latest driver version & the Windows update error message is gone.

HP Recommended

Melbguy1

can you tell me how you solved the problem

HP Recommended

@mumen_madaineh wrote:

Melbguy1

can you tell me how you solved the problem

Sure, I followed Dr-Soong0101''s advice from the previous page as follows...

This worked for me. Thank you.

I think people are having trouble understanding the vague advice given on here so far. Plus the Microsoft Update Catalogue page is a bit confusing at first glance. I think this is a compatability issue with the latest big Windows 10 update that we downloaded a few days ago. 

Anyway just to be clear, we have to install the driver manually. After completely uninstalling the driver in Device Manager, HP Assistant asked me to reinstall.  However the latest Wireless button driver that HP Assistant asks us to download is 2.1.4.1 The driver we are all having trouble installing via Windows Update is 2.1.8.1

Go to the link https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=hp+wireless+button

Select the Windows version for the driver. In most peoples case it will be Windows 10 version 1809 (The second option down!)

Create a folder on your desktop and extract the files into that. 

Open device manager and go to 'Human Interface Devices' then HP Wireless Button Driver and then the Update Driver tab.

Select the folder on your desktop as your source and it will update. 

Reboot Windows then run Windows Update and voila the error should be gone!

Hope this is clearer for people.

HP Recommended

Melbguy1

thank you I did the same thing but airplane button not working with me

HP Recommended

@mumen_madaineh wrote:

Melbguy1

thank you I did the same thing but airplane button not working with me

Airplane mode is working on my laptop after the update (not sure if it was affected prior to the issue as I don't use the featuer). In terms of troubleshooting steps -

- Did you restart after updating the driver?

- If the issue isn't resolved after re-start, refer to this topic which might resolve your issue - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/F12-flight-mode-button-not-working/td...

HP Recommended

Melbguy1

Unfortunately this not working with me

HP Recommended

@mumen_madaineh wrote:

Melbguy1

Unfortunately this not working with me

I'm not an expert by any means. Maybe @Dr-Soong0101 can chime in re: your issue?

HP Recommended

Hi Mebguy,

The steps were not initially working for me because I was downloading the wrong driver from the catalogue page which is confusing at first glance. That's why I posted the more detailed steps for everyone.

Anyway, the driver I pointed people to was the second option down (Windows version 1809) as that's what most people will have since the big Windows Update the other day. If you've not downloaded that, then you need to check what windows version you have installed then pick the corresponding download carefully on the catalogue page. 

Other than that, I don't know what other advice I can give you to help. 

Sorry

HP Recommended

Thanks @Dr-Soong0101, though to clarify I followed your steps & it resolved the issue for me. It was  mumen_madainehwho was having an issue with Airplane mode not working apropos this topic. It's strange as I, and it seems several other affected HP owners didn't have the same issue. That said, the member should try the steps above, then report back if that hasn't resolved his issue.

HP Recommended

It has been suggested to reboot the computer after downloading the update.  For some this hasnt given the solution and a hard reset can sometimes be better than a re boot as it totally turns off the computer whereas these days computers rareley completely turn off due to "Fast Boot" being turned on in power options.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.