Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Model #: HP envy 17 K1H57EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem, due to some malware problem recently I have reset my laptop.Now the screen is auto scrolling to  down whenever I open file explorer or chrome or pdf readers and sometime cursor pointer struck at a point,I have topress esc button to make it movable.I have updated synaptics driver recetnly  and I'm using windows defender no other antivirus program.Is that problem occurs due to malware or will there be anyhardwre problem? Help me urgentl, exam are scheduled next week,couldn't go with my lap.Thanks in advance

Im using HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC K1H57EA#ABD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Nila2007,

There is no problem to backward the driver as long as they work.

You can perform the hardware test (touchpad is in the components test) if you doubt there is any hardware issue.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi @Nila2007,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you got a problem that when you open a document, it will scroll down automatically.

Please go to your Device Manager and make sure the version of the touchpad driver is up to date: sp72142.exe Version 19.0.12.95 Rev.A

If you need to update the driver, please restart the laptop after the update and test the function.

If the driver is already up to date, please review the document below:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Disable the scrolling in the settings shown on document above, and test if that would stop the auto scrolling.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I had installed 19.2.4 version of  synaptics driver.But the problem existed.Then now using 17.0.18 version.It is irritating?Will there be any proble,m in hardware?But I experienced this issue after the windows update.

HP Recommended

Hi @Nila2007,

There is no problem to backward the driver as long as they work.

You can perform the hardware test (touchpad is in the components test) if you doubt there is any hardware issue.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

After disabling smart sense and some other changes,freezing problem seems to be ok.Still I observe scrollingissue 😞

HP Recommended

My doubt is whenever I press a key after scrolling occurs,then it become normal state.Why that become to normal state when keystroke given?Is desktop refresh after the keystroke given?

HP Recommended

Even after I uninstall the synaptics driver auto scrolling problem is still there.Willthere be any problem with windows update?Or it caused by any malicious software?Im using windows defender only,nothing detected? Will a clean reinstllation of windows by formatting all my drives help me?

HP Recommended

Hi @Nila2007,

Last resort is to perform a system recovery. Remember to back your personal files before the system recovery:

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Let me know if it helps.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @Nila2007,

The latest Synaptics TouchPad Driver is sp72142.exe Version 19.0.12.95 Rev.A

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-17-k100-Notebook-PC/7234900/model/7451138

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you Sir,One more query,recently I have changed my laptop charging power code?Buttht is not a genuine produt.It was obatained from a local shop.Will that cause any issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.