Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Model:  15-p111ng

Product:  P/N:  K1H26EA#ABD

Hello,

my display started flickering and changing colours when I moved the lid, so I decided to change the cable. I found out that the cable ( HP Pavilion 15-p111ng (K1H26EA) original display cable LED 40-pin ) is not available any more in usual stores. What can I do? There must be a cable of some other model that fits to mine. Can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They would know whether the cable they are selling is really for the touch or non-touch version. The problem you are describing can come either from a bad cable or a bad display panel. The panel often fails at the cable connection point. If a tech has a cable and a panel the best practice is test the cable first then the panel. But its rarely the cable. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The part you need:

763572-001

Manual 

763572-001,HP 15-P series touchscreen 1366X768,HD LCD cable | eBay

Not clear to me, by the way, that its the cable and not the panel. Much more likely to be the panel; much more to go wrong in a more complex piece of hardware than a simple cable. Also, according to part number this, contrary to auction title is not for a touchscreen. Maybe contact the seller to clarify. Remove your cable and compare to image of product. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I thought it was cable malfunctioning because in some position/angle the display works perfectly, if I move the lid, it starts flickering. Do you suggest changing display? It's not touchscreen. 

What do you mean to contact the manufacturer? It's HP. Who should I ask? That's why I expected you to help.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

OH, you thought to contact the seller and ask them if 763572-001 is alternative solution? I doubt they would know.

HP Recommended

They would know whether the cable they are selling is really for the touch or non-touch version. The problem you are describing can come either from a bad cable or a bad display panel. The panel often fails at the cable connection point. If a tech has a cable and a panel the best practice is test the cable first then the panel. But its rarely the cable. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.