Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
zed air 2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to designe textile print desings on photoshop cc 2017, and I have planned to buy this laptop:https://www.i-life.us/product/zed-air-2/ ,as the price is low and i am looking for a cheap and easy to carry laptop the storage capacity is pretty low but i can manage that with external harddrive. but im not sure if the processor and RAM is enogh for my work because adobe photoshop cc 2017 minimum requirement is lower than this laptops hardware but when i saw maximum requirement it was around six to eight gb which is very high so will this laptop be able to run this software smoothly. if not recommend me some chep laptops to do this work and which can run photoshop easily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @newbee2

That laptop you are referring to is about the equivalent of an HP Stream 32GB laptop.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for and a $200(USD) laptop is not going to have enough power to run Photoshop CC. You will need to spend much, much more than that for a “smooth” experience.

Despite what the minimum specs say, I would not run Photoshop on anything less than an Intel i5 Quad Core CPU.  8GB ram would be bare minimum. 12-16 is better. A GPU (video card) with 2 GB of dedicated video memory at least. Of course this is dependent on how you use Photoshop also with file size and the number of files open, PSD size, etc.

I assume you are working in CMYK using Pantone colors. Is correct monitor color calibration important?

If so, a standard laptop screen will not have the accuracy a print shop needs for duplication.

If you will be calibrating with an external device, a 4K screen will give much higher sRGB and Adobe RGB accuracy. This is something you will have to decide.

You will have to shop around for what’s available in your country (I assume the middle east?).

Here is a link to the HP Store in Saudi Arabia that you can look around in, to get an idea of what HP has there in general.

Hope it helps.

http://www8.hp.com/sa/en/products/laptops/index.html#!view=grid&page=1&facet=Standard-laptop

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @newbee2

That laptop you are referring to is about the equivalent of an HP Stream 32GB laptop.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for and a $200(USD) laptop is not going to have enough power to run Photoshop CC. You will need to spend much, much more than that for a “smooth” experience.

Despite what the minimum specs say, I would not run Photoshop on anything less than an Intel i5 Quad Core CPU.  8GB ram would be bare minimum. 12-16 is better. A GPU (video card) with 2 GB of dedicated video memory at least. Of course this is dependent on how you use Photoshop also with file size and the number of files open, PSD size, etc.

I assume you are working in CMYK using Pantone colors. Is correct monitor color calibration important?

If so, a standard laptop screen will not have the accuracy a print shop needs for duplication.

If you will be calibrating with an external device, a 4K screen will give much higher sRGB and Adobe RGB accuracy. This is something you will have to decide.

You will have to shop around for what’s available in your country (I assume the middle east?).

Here is a link to the HP Store in Saudi Arabia that you can look around in, to get an idea of what HP has there in general.

Hope it helps.

http://www8.hp.com/sa/en/products/laptops/index.html#!view=grid&page=1&facet=Standard-laptop

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help much appreciated
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.