Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15m-bp012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is the power button attached to the mother board or does if have a separate board?

HP Envy x360 15m-bp012dx

what is the part number for the power button/board?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It has a connector that plugs into the system board of the notebook.

The part that I provided in the other thread is all you need.  there is no separate power button/board from the cable. It is one unit

It will be obvious to you how it connects when you see it.

Why not open the notebook up and take a look?

The link below is to the remove and replace videos for your notebook.

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/Media/872FFD48-9FC9-4E21-A350-4F17C7967464/lak_PCPFILES/SML/FruVideo/roc_f...

Click on the power connector cable link in the link to the left.  I have no idea as top the reason that HP called it a  Power cable as that is only one part of the power button module. Use Internet Explorer to view the video. Most other browsers won't let you run the Flash video.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Your line was cut short.

I was able to access the media section however the power button videos were not for my laptop

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bp012dx convertable.

I will take it apart in the next 48 hours to view the switch.

If you can please provide the full link to the video.

Thank you for your patients with my added questions

HP Recommended

The video is for your notebook model series. The link works. I just tested it.

You will have to use Internet Explorer because it is a flash video.

In the image below I have pointed out the module and its connector. According to the HP documentation, your notebook is part of the model series the image is relevant for. 

power button module.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Erico - After taking the laptop apart I found that the power button is on the motherboard and not a separate board.

the is very disappointing. Now I must order a mother board.

Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

That is not my mother board. part # 924308-001

the button is a spring loaded plastic piece and pushes on a metal plate with a piece of spring metal that broke off the main board.

the switch is part of the boardthe switch is part of the board20190914_000522.jpg

This is very poor design.

HP Recommended

So this is a main board replacement.

the main board is not available in parts.

so now I am sol.

HP Recommended

Here is the broken switch

20190915_163426.jpg

HP Recommended

Im just realizing I have the same problem. Total replacement?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.