Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1189sa Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried to install a second ram chip however the chip wont fit into the slot. I have also tried to fit the original chip in my machine into the slot and that also won't fit. Is their any reason why im having this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@harry378 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02863655

It has  4 GB DDR3 and  Upgradeable to 4 GB DDR3 that means you can't add more RAM. Are you sure you looking to the right slot ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

it is definitely a2nd ram slot. They look the same and are located right next to each other. Also as I'm aware my laptop is upgrade able to 8gb ram  

HP Recommended

I figured it out. the 2nd ram slot was just a bit tight, but after cleaning it the chip fitted in nicely and all is fine now

HP Recommended

@harry378 

Thanks for posting back and let us know you worked this out yourself

Have a good weekend

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.