Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 p012ne
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

unknown device problem  error code 29  

now am facing an unknown device problem  , my pc detects my 2 gamepads (joysticks) but says device not recogonised  error code 29  ...  but other usb input devices working well  like usb keyboard ,mouse, ppendrives. i used to play with these  gamepads without any probelm !   i tried everything uninstalled and reinstalled usb controllers , tried system restore and now i just did a clean install of windows 7  and downloaded all the drivers from hp ..  but the problem still exists !!   hp wnt provide advanced option on bios  right ? so how can i findout my usb support is enabled or not !!!      pls help me

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Untitled1.jpg

HP Recommended

Untitled2.png

HP Recommended

unknown device problem  error code 29  

now am facing an unknown device problem  , my pc detects my 2 gamepads (joysticks) but says device not recogonised  error code 29  ...  but other usb input devices working well  like usb keyboard ,mouse, ppendrives. i used to play with these  gamepads without any probelm !   i tried everything uninstalled and reinstalled usb controllers , tried system restore and now i just did a clean install of windows 7  and downloaded all the drivers from hp ..  but the problem still exists !!   hp wnt provide advanced option on bios  right ? so how can i findout my usb support is enabled or not !!!      pls help meUntitled1.jpgUntitled2.png

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @bibinsreedhar

I understand that you are having an issue with trying to use game pads on your HP Pavilion 15-p012ne Notebook PC. You had mentioned receiving an error code from the device manager. 

Is there software for the game pads that needs to be downloaded?

The Error Code 29 means that the device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. The recommended solution for an issue such as this seems to be to enable the device in the BIOS. 

Source: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for you to look over. There are steps to access the BIOS in the document so that you can take a look in the BIOS and see if you can find the option to enable the devices. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.