Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
g6 pavilion 2100sx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i have my laptop g6 pavilion model 2100 sx and i need some help to upgrade my cpu

i have b970 (35w) on my bord - HM76 Sandy bridge and my BIOS version is ( F.27 )  -2017

i need to upgrade my cpu to i7-3612qm(45w) --  or -- i5-3210m i5-3230m

any problem in this case ???

and what about (35w to 45w) is this possible or not ?? need some help guys

THANKS FOR HELP..

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can only install one of the processors listed in chapter 1 of your notebook's service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03345657

No 45W processors are supported.

Here is a comparison chart of your current processor and the best one you can install...the i7-3612QM:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=63915,67356

HP Recommended

Thanks >>

you mean i cant take i5 ?? but why ??

and i cant take cpu with 45w ??

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can install any of the i5's listed in chapter 1.

All of the processors listed in chapter 1 of the service manual are 35W.

I was just giving you the best one you can install.

I personally think it is a waste of time upgrading processors unless you go for the best one you can.

You are better off investing your money in a solid state drive and maxing out the memory.

HP Recommended

thank you so mush bro ❤️

i have 6 gb ram ddr3 and my hard is normal 500gb but for my editing work i have purchased an external wd 1tb

i needed to some high end cpu to my work like intel i7 but with integrated gpu for some games ^ my be i will take this one 

i searched for i7-740qm but its so bad cpu and not like this one & without any integrated gpu 😞

HP Recommended

if you dont mind 🙂 i need some note

if my bord "sandy bridge" i cant upgrade to "ivy bridge" right ?? 

HP Recommended

That would be correct but your board has the Panther Point chipset and they hobbled it by installing a sandy bridge processor.

See chapter 1 of the manual for the chipset specs...

Chipset Intel HM76 Express Chipset

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/64345/mobile-intel-hm76-express-chipset.html

If you click on the compatible processors supported by the chipset, you will see the ones listed in the HP service manual.

HP Recommended

hm i was confused about this point "sandy" to "ivy" so no problem in this case

i will buy this one soon ^^

thnx so much for helping me ❤️ 

and i apologize for inconveniencing you a bit 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You are not inconveniencing me at all.

I volunteer to help our forum members with their questions as much as I can, so if I felt inconvenienced, I wouldn't be doing it.  😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.