Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
g6 pavilion 2100sx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i have my laptop g6 pavilion model 2100 sx and i need some help to upgrade my cpu

i have b970 (35w) on my bord - HM76 Sandy bridge and my BIOS version is ( F.27 )  -2017

i need to upgrade my cpu to i7-3612qm(45w) --  or -- i5-3210m i5-3230m

any problem in this case ???

and what about (35w to 45w) is this possible or not ?? need some help guys

THANKS FOR HELP..

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can only install one of the processors listed in chapter 1 of your notebook's service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03345657

No 45W processors are supported.

Here is a comparison chart of your current processor and the best one you can install...the i7-3612QM:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=63915,67356

HP Recommended

Thanks >>

you mean i cant take i5 ?? but why ??

and i cant take cpu with 45w ??

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can install any of the i5's listed in chapter 1.

All of the processors listed in chapter 1 of the service manual are 35W.

I was just giving you the best one you can install.

I personally think it is a waste of time upgrading processors unless you go for the best one you can.

You are better off investing your money in a solid state drive and maxing out the memory.

HP Recommended

thank you so mush bro ❤️

i have 6 gb ram ddr3 and my hard is normal 500gb but for my editing work i have purchased an external wd 1tb

i needed to some high end cpu to my work like intel i7 but with integrated gpu for some games ^ my be i will take this one 

i searched for i7-740qm but its so bad cpu and not like this one & without any integrated gpu 😞

HP Recommended

if you dont mind 🙂 i need some note

if my bord "sandy bridge" i cant upgrade to "ivy bridge" right ?? 

HP Recommended

That would be correct but your board has the Panther Point chipset and they hobbled it by installing a sandy bridge processor.

See chapter 1 of the manual for the chipset specs...

Chipset Intel HM76 Express Chipset

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/64345/mobile-intel-hm76-express-chipset.html

If you click on the compatible processors supported by the chipset, you will see the ones listed in the HP service manual.

HP Recommended

hm i was confused about this point "sandy" to "ivy" so no problem in this case

i will buy this one soon ^^

thnx so much for helping me ❤️ 

and i apologize for inconveniencing you a bit 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You are not inconveniencing me at all.

I volunteer to help our forum members with their questions as much as I can, so if I felt inconvenienced, I wouldn't be doing it.  😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.