Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 15 x 360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This week (August 😎 there was a Windows 10 update.  It has impacted the Envy's drivers and the even though the laptop is plugged in, the battery is not charging.  Is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@djreth wrote:

This week (August 😎 there was a Windows 10 update.  It has impacted the Envy's drivers and the even though the laptop is plugged in, the battery is not charging.  Is there a fix?

Hi,

Follow the steps carefully:

Go to Device Manager and look for Battery

Double click or expand the Battery

Right click on Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery and uninstall it

Turn the computer off completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds

Unplug the charge and check if you could unplug the battery as well

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds

Plug in the battery

Plug in the charger

Turn the computer back on and check if the charging change status

If not then download the latest Bios update from HP's website http://support.hp.com/ and search using the product number then go to Software and Drivers and look for BIOS.

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@djreth wrote:

Hi,

Follow the steps carefully:

Go to Device Manager and look for Battery

Double click or expand the Battery

Right click on Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery and uninstall it

Turn the computer off completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds

Unplug the charge and check if you could unplug the battery as well

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds

Plug in the battery

Plug in the charger

Turn the computer back on and check if the charging change status

If not then download the latest Bios update from HP's website http://support.hp.com/ and search using the product number then go to Software and Drivers and look for BIOS.

Cheers!

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for not only your quick response, but for a solution that worked!  Uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery worked.  I didn't need to go to the next option of downloading the latest Bios from HP.

Much appreciation!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your welcome! :Wink:

HP Recommended

Thank You !
removing the  driver for "Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery " helped

Why does the company from redmond not provide this hint ?

I even ordered a new battery .
Regards

HP Recommended

@Ludwig_Clement wrote:

Thank You !
removing the  driver for "Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery " helped

Why does the company from redmond not provide this hint ?

I even ordered a new battery .
Regards

Redmond is where the tycoons located. They are the bosses. Bosses doesnt know a thing about FIXING a problem. Youll get the answer from frontliners (Technical Support). They spent half of thier lives helping out customers.

Regards

HP Recommended
Hi
Where do I find the "Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery" driver.
Do I remove and reinstall the driver?
Do I go to Microsoft to look to download drivers?
Why does HP use a Microsoft driver?
Thanks
HP Recommended

@marshnk wrote:
Hi
Do I remove and reinstall the driver?
Thanks

Answer:

Click windows button (Should be at the lower left corner of your keyboard) then type device manager

Then look for battery icon, click the drop down arrow then right click Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery then click uninstall then follow the step by step guide that I posted.

Answer: No because microsoft doesnt have the specific drivers of the computer. They only have KBFixes and Updates

Answer: HP is the manufacturer of the laptop. The one who makes the Laptop itself (The physical) In order for you to use the laptop. It needs a soul (Operating system) and that operating system needs to run MICROSOFT DRIVERS.

Thats the best how I describe my answer LOL lets wait if someone will add something to my answer 😜

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem except my battery is at 0%. The battery stopped charging after a Windows 10 update on Jan 3 2018. I didn't realize until it was too late.

I have tried the fix suggested several times (I found the same solution from Googling) but it doesn't work.

Do you have any suggestions that may help me?

I've tried HP's battery check but it says it can't contact the battery.

HP Pavilion 17

Product# N5Y73UA#ABL

HP Recommended

Hi Pelgy2,

If you are getting a result battery cannot be contacted. It means the battery is no longer working and it needs replacement.

Regards,

ichi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.