Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Any ideas on updates? Still no BIOS update from HP and my x360 15-c000 refuses to update to 1809. Gets stuck on reboot at spinning hp dots.

HP Recommended

There are two BIOS updates since, but no change of the error. Newest BIOS is now F.24A

HP Recommended

@Christof65 wrote:

There are two BIOS updates since, but no change of the error. Actual BIOS is now F.24A

I just tried updating to the newest BIOS as of 11/14 and still ran into the error also. 😞 

The error message provided by Windows 10 Setup is:

0xC1900101 - 0x20017
The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Does anyone know if a clean install from USB stick will work? 

HP Recommended

Same here.

F.24A + 1809 v2 clean install ISO on USB = freezing.

After 1803 install, the WU don't not show 1809 update. Maybe he knows I have HP spectre.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately still the same, even with clean install of 1809 v2 and newest insider (via ISO and USB Stick) and new BIOS. And now that you mentioned it, WU don't show an update here either.

HP Recommended

Almost sure it's HP BIOS fault.

HP Recommended

Neither the fresh install of the current ISO availble for download nor the Windows update will complete the install. Same issue as the last 3 months (including Windows Insider builds). When installing, it gets to the first reboot and then freezes about 2 seconds later during the spinning dots. 

This issue has been reported via the Microsoft feedback hub, with a complete error log of the problem. If you want to upvote the issue with Microsoft look for a title of "19H1 will not install" in the feedback hub.  As mentioned before this issue started in the Insider builds during the 1809 test cycle. It also effects the next version ( 19H1 or 'spring update' ) as of today.  

Microsoft stated that the 1809 re-release is rolling out in limted "waves" and by using telemerty data is going to the customers that have "known good configurations" first.  If they know a PC or model of PC has an issue it will not get the update via Windows Update "until those issues have been resolved". 

From my point of view neither HP nor Microsoft seem to be able (or willing) to address the issue. The only thing I can suggest is to call them, email them, use the feedback hub and post as much on social media as you can in order to get thier attention. It's too bad that we have to be as annoying as possible to get something fixed that should not happen on a laptop this expensive and this new.  

If Microsoft read thier feedback, or if HP bothered to look in thier fourms this could have been addressed many weeks ago. 

HP Recommended

I also submitted feedback hub report: https://aka.ms/AA37spl

Maybe upvote that one too so M$ can figure out WTH they are doing.

Its gotta be a BIOS issue though. Probably sitting in HP's lap after M$ told them to fix their crap.

PLEASE go upvote in feedback hub.

HP Recommended

I checked on the Intel web site & there is an advisory stating Intel® Display Audio Driver version 10.25.0.10, which is bundled with Intel® Graphics Driver version 24.20.100.6286 and newer, is needed for the upgrade. I installed the latest intel graphics drivers & the problem still existed. I recommend staying with the HP drivers as they seem to have higher 3D Mark scores. HP need to update their drivers & not just the video either.

HP Recommended

Have anyone solved this annoying problem?

The 19H1 Preview has come out and released a couple versions. But we're still stuck in 1803. I don't wanna be abandoned.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.