Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Mate if you want to play games the other lad suggested the "Ryzen Controller method". I have tested it and it works well. It will limit the CPU temp and wont let the system crash + you can have somewhat a consistent performance. I have played CSGO/GTA/FIFA with this method without any problems. See if it works for you aswell, it should without any problems.

HP Recommended

I agree with you, I've had so many problems with this laptop and not once I have been in touch with any Technical Support 'guy', we have to figure it out by ourselves, Their automated system is S**T. Their whatsapp Support system people are also not great, they just recommend you to restore or perform a reset. I had to explain to him that it is not the windows that has the problem, Its the bios instead. He still couldn't get it and kept telling me to perform a SYSTEM RESTORE.

HP really needs to invest more into technical support, The community could really benifit from it. 

HP Recommended

The Ryzen Controller method works, but it's merely a band aid rather than a fix. The lower max temp causes the CPU to throttle down immensely, from 3.6Ghz to 2.9Ghz. That creates a major problem in games and affects the laptop's performance under load by a heavy margin. It also isn't an official solution and it's really easy to fry your hardware with misclicking and not realizing it. 

A mistake HP made in their development team shouldn't make me be unable to use my hardware. No matter how you look at it, its just a scam if the company can manually reduce the performance of my hardware over time remotely. 

HP Recommended

Having the exact same problem here with the same laptop series. I contacted HP Support via Whatsapp and they told me that my laptop's RAM isn't enough for my game, as if I didn't understand about that (I do have enough RAM since I upgraded it, and I could also play games before I did the upgrade).

I just shoot them with "All I need to know are 1) when the fix will be released and 2) how to safely downgrade BIOS version, if possible." They said that they need to escalate the issue first (by that I think they mean they'll refer the issue to to the technical team or something?), and I'm now waiting for any update from them.

HP Recommended

Thanks man, use ryzen  controller as temprorary fix is really help me until HP fix the bios with the update

HP Recommended

I wonder why the Ryzen Controller temporary fix doesn't work for me. I've set the temperature to 75C and it still hibernates after 5 minutes of gameplay (tried with Monster Hunter World).

HP Recommended

First make a presets and checklist temperature limits, set to 75C,  then apply

dont close the application, keep it with minimized  windows or to system tray (you can find in ryzen controller setting)

monitoring your cpu temps with HWINFO, mine without ryzen controller the maximum temps is 100C, but when i use ryzen controller it just around 75-78, sometimes 80.. but  the cpu only running on 3.0-3.5 GHZ (use MSI afterburner)

it fix my problem for now until HP officially fix the bios

HP Recommended

Yea, I think for some games it doesnt work. I can play FIFA and CS with no problems but when I play Cities Skyline then the crash happens. We will have to do the TRIAL-ERROR method until we get the fix.

HP Recommended

@Rifqii14, done that but it didn't always work apparently .

I played Monster Hunter World. For my first try using the method, the laptop hibernates in ~5 minutes into gameplay like usual (without temp settings). I didn't start HWINFO, though, so I didn't see how the temperature was.

Then I tried again, this time I monitored CPU temp with HWINFO, and I could play for about two hours before the gameplay was interrupted by the sudden locking and hibernation. I checked HWINFO that the CPU's max temperature was 94C. However, after turning on my laptop again, I could play for another two hours without any interruption, and the temperature was stable at ~76C.

So yeah, we need the official fix ASAP.

HP Recommended

Guys.. I have the same issue.. But adding to it, the laptop is also charging extremely slowly.. Normally when do we get a bios refresh? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.