Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The Overheating problem in HP Spectre x360 can be fixed by some common ways such as:

1. Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in HP Spectre x360: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your HP Spectre x360 is heating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
  2. Place your HP Spectre x360 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated HP Spectre x360 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
  3. Ensure that your HP Spectre x360 has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your HP Spectre x360. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
  4. Check for BIOS updates in HP Spectre x360: HP provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates

More ways to Fix the overheating problem in HP Spectre x360

HP Recommended

I had the same problem- brand new Spectre overheated badly day 1!

Fisrstly I bought a HP Desktop tower and it was faulty- crashing continually. I returned it and bought the Spectre (which overheated day 1) but stupidly replaced it with another Spectre as the assistant assured it wouldnt happen again. I spent the last week re-loading all my programs AGAIN  and now this one is heating up! 

Im sitting here listening to the computer wizzing away! Im going to ahve to shut down and its only 6.30am!!!!!!

Lovely computer but no good if it doesnt work- HP should have withdrawn these from the market.

Will totally avoid HP in future

HP Recommended

A brand new computer has no dust and should not overheat. Ive had an air mac for years and it never had this issue. My spectre overheated BADLY day 1 and replaced it, which was a lot of work and downtime for my business. Now same issue with replacement laptop. Im furious!

HP Recommended

I have had my hp spectre for almost 2 months, I run autocad 2018, Adobe cc and audodesk inventor. The computer has run flawlessly until yesterday.... i left it at my desk with only autocad open and came back to my offices smelling like hot plastic and my computer shut off. I had to hold the button to turn back on and I had a screen that said overheated shutdown.

Since then 3 more times. 

HP Recommended

I have had my hp spectre for almost 2 months, I run autocad 2018, Adobe cc and audodesk inventor. The computer has run flawlessly until yesterday.... i left it at my desk with only autocad open and came back to my offices smelling like hot plastic and my computer shut off. I had to hold the button to turn back on and I had a screen that said overheated shutdown.

Since then 3 more times. 

HP Recommended

Take it back- Im thinking I will too.

Mine continues to overheat which always scares me as it happens so quickly.

Thanks for posting

HP Recommended

I had the same problem - literally too hot to touch (from beneath and from on top just above the keyboard. 

I solved my issue by going into task manager and seeing that CPU usage was at 100%, running two processes called "webhelp" or some such (each running at about 45% CPU usage).

I closed both of them, and the computer almost instantly cooled down (30 seconds to 2 minutes), and the CPU usage went to 5%. No web browsers or apps closed or ceased to function, and the device runs normally after I closed them. 

I hope that helps some people, and it worked for me at least. 

HP Recommended

This same issue is happening to me as well it's to the point that the rubber pads on the bottom of the computer have melted off and i have had the computer for less than a year. 

HP Recommended

I just received my new laptop. It is burning hot. I might actually have to return this! Paid too much for this for it to happen. I like it a lot but too hot for it to be burning on my "lap".

HP Recommended

@BingeTV
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.