Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello
My laptop suddenly one day went to the "Preparing to configure windows screen" and got stuck there. I opened the recovery manager and tried to restore the computer to ita original settings. However I get the following message now whenever I try to boot up the laptop:

"Restoration Incomplete
The restoration did not complete.
Please select one of the following options:
Save log
Details
Retry"

Under details it says:

"P2PP Burnboot Check Failed
Possible causes:
1. Yellow-bang occured at device manager
2. Some silent-install failure of applications
3. Found failed at PININST_BBV
4. Found failed at PININST_BBV2
5. Found Memory Dump file

Suggestion:
1. Checking REGDEV_BB.LOG for drivers
2. Checking BBApps.log for applications
3. Checking MEMDUMP_BBV.log for memory dump file"

I tried resetting defaults in the F10 bios menu but didnt make a difference.

Please help I need to fix this to do my uni work. If anymore information is needed please ask and I'll try my best to provide.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Make an installation usb using the free Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. At least an 8gb flash drive required. Click "Download tool now"- and Run it. Select Create installation media for another PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Boot with it to install Windows 10. Immediately after power on start tapping the Esc key. From the menu tap F9 Boot options to select the usb. When/if asked for a key select Skip or I don't have one- whatever option to get past it and move on with installation. It will activate later when you are connected to internet.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Are you trying to restore Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F2 System Diagnostics is an option. Tap F2 key and run the tests.

HP Recommended
Im on windows 10. I ran quick tests for everything and it passed everything fine. Im starting the extensive test now though its going to take a few hours to complete.
HP Recommended
I did the extensive check on everything and it all came up as fine.
HP Recommended
Please help anyone?
HP Recommended

Make an installation usb using the free Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. At least an 8gb flash drive required. Click "Download tool now"- and Run it. Select Create installation media for another PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Boot with it to install Windows 10. Immediately after power on start tapping the Esc key. From the menu tap F9 Boot options to select the usb. When/if asked for a key select Skip or I don't have one- whatever option to get past it and move on with installation. It will activate later when you are connected to internet.

HP Recommended

Thankyou for the reply that worked great! Though I didn't have the option to boot from USB after pressing esc and F9 when turning on the computer, so instead I changed the Bios boot order to start with USB and then after WIndows 10 had installed I changed it back to default so it didn't loop.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, however I need it for windows 8.1 and I got the laptop so long ago I dont have the originally disc for it, is there anyway to get windows 8.1 to set up on a USB boot?

HP Recommended

Hi so my laptop still has the same error on it please help thank you

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm!!!   Thanks a bunch!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.