Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi. I recently bough an HP Envy m6-n012dx laptop. Not long after using it the Control Zone Trackpad began to be incredibly glitchy. Everytime i would move the mouse, it would jump randomly across the screen. The left side of the track pad that is supposed to allow you to switch between your open apps sometimes stops working then starts to work again then would stop working for no reason. Same with the right side that shows the start button, search button, settings button etc. To make things worse; sometimes the mouse would begin to move slowly across the screen without me even touching the track pad. I try downloading the most recent synaptics driver and afterwards the trackpad worked for a little while, then went haywire again. Not only is the trackpad messed up but sometimes my touch screen doesnt work. For instance, my touch screen currently isnt working as im typing this. What do i have to do to solve the problem, because i really like this laptop when everything is working fine 

347 REPLIES 347
HP Recommended

Hi SergioGonzalez,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP ENVY m6-n012dx Notebook and having issues with the Touchpad and Touchscreen. Try performing a hard reset. When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the mouse and Touchpad sensitivities. Here is a link to The HP Support Assistant. The HP Support Assistant will help with the drivers and software that are on your machine now. If that does not help try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore. System restore would restore the computer to before you had these issues.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I still have the same issue after performing a hard reset so what to do next?

HP Recommended

Hi SergioGonzalez,

Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the mouse and Touchpad sensitivities. Here is a link to The HP Support Assistant. The HP Support Assistant will help with the drivers and software that are on your machine now. If that does not help try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore. System restore would restore the computer to before you had these issues.

Hope this is helpful.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. Honestly, I just turned off everything but clicking because it annoyed me to no end.  Everything is way too sensitive and the control zone is useless.  There's also sticking a problem with my fingers if you take the protective plastic off.  HP needs to adjust the driver or the software to make it more customizible for the user, especially the sensitivity. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem with my HP Envy, which I bought in May 2014.  It seems that the control zone works fine when I begin using the computer but after twenty or thirty minutes of use the control zone sticks, jumps around the screen, randomly highlights text, and so on.  After being an after user for 7 years and buying my first HP, I'm very unhappy with the product.  I would return it if I could.

HP Recommended
I found the sensitivity option and found out that it was responding to really light touch for everything. I changed it to heavy and turned tapping back, on but all those other features I'm not messing with. I still need more features and options from this menu that I'm not getting, like individual sensitivity adjustment.
HP Recommended

Hey Chubs191,

You do have to take off the plastic on the screen, that is just a shipping or packaging and must be removed.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
This is my computer that I purchased, and I find it easier to use the trackpad with it on. Why would I have to remove it if I like it? Is there some fatal error in the computer that I'm not aware of that this cover causes? I'm sincerely trying to understand why I would make the choice to remove it.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem!  None of the HP auto reply form answers work.  I sure do wish a real HP person actually monitored the HP thread instead of just providing bot replies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.