Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello

my recovery partition is missing and i can't reset my windows from hp recovery tool (program) i did a factory reset once with microsoft method but it didn't work still have problems 

i want to reset with hp partition 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I can see your recovery drive is damaged or some files are missing from the drive. Because usually the size of recovery drive for windows 10 is of at least 20 GB.

here is a last try otherwise go with Windows Installation media
Open command prompt as administrator
Type following commands one by one
diskpart
List volume
Select volume X (replace X with drive number)
Assign letter = R

Now check if recovery partition is available.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended
You need to buy hp recovery discs from here to get recovery partition again 🙂

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/bph07143

(Only for us and Canada) charges may apply.

If you don't live in us or Canada I prefer to use windows installation media for clean install

http://techsimplifier.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-install-windows-what-is-clean.html

I hope it will will work for you !
HP Recommended

i don't live in US or canada 

if i  creat a recovery media the winsows will be the same one in the recovery patition because that is my problem i need to reset my windows with hp recovery media not any thing else 

thank you for your help

i couldn't creat a recovery media or run windows recovery enviroment it says the recovery partiosion is missing 

but in  disk management  it's still there so this is the problem

HP Recommended
Oh, if recovery derive is present in disk management then you can recover your recovery drive.
Your drive is missing because recovery partition doesn't have any drive letter this is not a big issue just follow these steps to get your recovery drive back.

Press windows button+X
Select disk management
Right click on recovery drive and select change or assign drive letter.
Now select add button and choose any letter available in the list.
Now finish the setup and check if the recovery derive is present or not.

I hope this helped you.
HP Recommended

the only option available is (help) nothing else 

HP Recommended
Can you please send me screenshot of the screen?
HP Recommended

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

HP Recommended
I can see your recovery drive is damaged or some files are missing from the drive. Because usually the size of recovery drive for windows 10 is of at least 20 GB.

here is a last try otherwise go with Windows Installation media
Open command prompt as administrator
Type following commands one by one
diskpart
List volume
Select volume X (replace X with drive number)
Assign letter = R

Now check if recovery partition is available.
HP Recommended
Also check boot time recovery mode check if the recovery drive is accessible from there.
HP Recommended

this is the default size when i bought my laptop 

and it worked the recovery partition is available now am gonna try to reset my windows now 

thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.