Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using the Validity Sensor for more than a year now, but in the last few days, it doesn't work, and the light doesn't turn on when I swipe.

I've tried checking for updates for the sensor and even downloading the link that Provost, an HP Expert Volunteer posted on:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Validity-Sensors-WBF-PID-0050-USB-VID-1...

I have no clue to why it would suddenly stop, any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello@Aandwrc,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you are unable to use the finger imprint reader. I will definitely help you.

I request you to follow the steps and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Uninstalling the Device

To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents Biometric devices and select Validity Sensor, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process.

The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello@Aandwrc,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you are unable to use the finger imprint reader. I will definitely help you.

I request you to follow the steps and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Uninstalling the Device

To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents Biometric devices and select Validity Sensor, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process.

The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you mean by "remove the device", Resolv_S.  Could you please elaborate?

Edit: I found out how to reinstall, worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

Hello Resolv_S, 

I have the same problem with my Envy 15 laptop.  

M/N:  15t-ae000

P/N:  L3T58AV

Will your recommended fix work for me too?  

Thanks,

Thayer

HP Recommended

@Thayer_C

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

Yes, the suggested steps are common across HP laptops and you could try the steps.Meanwhile, please let me know the operating system you're using to assist you better.

Also, the below links should help:

Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 😎

Troubleshoot a Fingerprint Reader

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted. Thanks! 

HP Recommended

I am starting to have problems with my finger scanner as well (HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC), but I want to repair it, not uninstall and remove it.

I am running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

How can I fix it?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.