Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 13-ar0210ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a HP ENVY x360 laptop on the release day back in Sep. 2019. Everything worked perfectly in the begining out of the box, but for every Windows update my laptop starts getting a new problem. I manage to fixe every driver bugs or  Windows Registry Editor value mistakes etc.

The only and one of the first problems which still remains is the locking of the keboard and mousepad in tabletmode - if I fold my keyboard back, it still functions perfectly as if it was still in desktop mode even though the screen itself automatically still goes to tablet mode. The backlight still stays on and every pressed key appears on the screen which makes it pointless to "use" the tablet mode, when the keyboard keep "disturbing" when pressed as one would naturally when "holding" as a tablet. How do I fix it so the keyboard switches over to tablet mode? I have searched and tried every possiblity and option availble online and I have also even resinstalled the bios and factory reseted windows.

And lastly I would info you guys at HP that the problem with the none-function switching keyboard seems to be at continuous problem in every 2-in-1 hp laptop - but there are no good or direct solution to be found.

Windows 10 Home, build 19041.388

How do I fix it so the keyboard switches over to tablet mode?

I'm hopefull and would sincerly appreciate any solution, best regards Barak.

Read and tried these (and ALOT more):

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-x360-Tablet-Mode-keyboa...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-of-laptop-disables-trackpad-and-keybo...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/How-do-I-disable-the-keyboard-while-using-...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BHK123

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Tablet mode settings

1. In Windows, search for and open Tablet mode settings.

The Tablet mode window opens.

The Tablet mode window

2. To choose which mode your device uses, select an option from the When I sign in drop-down menu.

Selecting tablet mode options

• Use the appropriate mode for my hardware: Enables automatic switching between desktop and tablet mode based on configuration. This is the default setting.

• Use desktop mode: Prevents your device from using tablet mode in any configuration.

• Use tablet mode: Prevents your device from using desktop mode in any configuration.

3. To choose to be notified when your notebook switches modes, select an option from the When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off drop-down menu.

Selecting tablet mode notification options

• Don't ask me and always switch: Enables automatic mode switching without notification or permission. This is the default setting.

• Always ask me before switching: Prevents your device from switching modes without permission.

• Don't ask me and don't switch: Prevents your device from switching modes or requesting permission.

4. Toggle the radio button to turn on the Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode.

Selecting hide the taskbar in the tablet mode window

5. Toggle the radio button to turn on the Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode.

Selecting hide app icons in the tablet mode window

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it did help at all.. sorry to say but you guys at hp really hasn't figured out or offer any real solution for this continued occuring problem. I did fixe the problem, it seems that windows update changed and did change the amd drivers chipset, it downgrades it,  and neither hp or amd driver site had the specific drivers available.

A Program called "Driver-easy" registed the downgraded chipset and updated it, thanks for your no-help-"way-off"-empty-useless-reply... You guys really dont have a clue what you refer to be "solutions", not to mention a real solution.

HP Recommended

@BHK123

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.