Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dh1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I restart the laptop the Omen Gaming Hub prompts me to install the HP System Event Utility. I click on install and the Gaming Hub just opens up but nothing else happens. The program isn't in within the installed programs - I checked through control panel.

I tried installing the 1.4.33 version manually and restarting the laptop - still got the same prompt and it still didn't do anything. The Omen button still doesn't work either although the program is installed on the PC. Searching for it doesn't bring anything up though, if that matters. Upon completion of the manual installation a black console pops up that states the following:

c:\SWSetup\SP101543>ECHO OFF
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
UWP version of HP System Event Utility has been installed!
Press any key to continue . . .

Would be great if someone could help me out. The Laptop is brand new and I'm not sure how to fix this, other than that it works fine. Fn + F1-12 keys work fine. The prompt upon restart + the OMEN button on the keyboard not doing anything is what's bugging me.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @KonImperator,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Can you check if there's an update available for the OMEN Gaming Hub through the Microsoft Store?

If there is no update, please uninstall OMEN Gaming Hub and reinstall it. Furthermore, just want to confirm - are you installing HP System Event Utility from the Microsoft Store on your laptop, not on HP's Software and Drivers support page?

Kind regards,

Edward 

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

There wasn't an update for the Game Hub so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Got prompted again to install the HP System Event Utility although it was already installed and it didn't do anything once again. Uninstalled the HP System Event Utility from control panel again and restarted the PC, got the prompt again, clicked again on install and it once again accomplished nothing other than just opening the Game Hub. Game Hub version is 11.0.25.0 if that helps. Currently HP System Event Utility is not installed.

The HP System Event Utility is not available in the Microsoft Store, at least for me. It doesn't exist there. I checked again the page where I can download drivers for my model laptop (used the laptop detection thing) and I found nothing about the HP System Event Utility there. Under Software-Solutions there is only OMEN Command Center SDK Package, which really doesn't help at all since it is now Game Hub and that previous name is completely irrelevant (I had no idea what the hell that is or that the Game Hub thing even existed as a renamed version of the Command Center).

Additionally under Utility-Tools there was only HP Connection Optimizer.

The HP System Event Utility I downloaded from a link I found here in the forums + somewhere on the support page (was the same file)

HP Recommended

According to the console text you initially posted, the UWP version of the HP System Event Utility was installed, meaning the version from the Microsoft Store was installed. This implies that the HP System Event Utility should exist in your apps, not in Control Panel. You may want to use your Windows 10 Search and try searching HP System Event Utility since the UWP version does not actually exist in the Control Panel.

Anyway, I found the HP System Event Utility for your device: 

HP System Event Utility

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101543.exe

This is from February 2020. Try installing this. If it doesn't work, use HP Support Assistant and check for any drivers you may want to install. In case you don't already have it, here is the download page for HP Support Assistant. You can find information on how to update your computer using the HP Document here and expanding Update the computer.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

So, in the Microsoft Store there was nothing under that name. Tried copy-pasting it, tried searching through anything with Utility or Event Utility but unfortunately to no avail. Installed the version from the link you sent me and still got the same console text about the UPW version (did the searching after it was installed, of course) but the version is still the same - 1.4.33 (Control Panel - Uninstall a Program). Tried doing a repair of the program itself through there but it didn't do anything.

I did in fact have the HP Support Assistant but had downloaded all the drivers beforehand. Checked the Updates section but not even optional drivers and updates were left in there. I've installed virtually everything.

Anyways, I figured I might have not updated the BIOS so I downloaded it from the support page for my model and installed it (through USB flash drive, since it was installed on a drive with low space for some reason and gave an error for not enough. The version was the same, so I guess it was up to date (F.20 to F.20) Booted up the PC again, OMEN button seems to properly bring up the Gaming Hub but unfortunately I still got the prompt to install the HP System Event Utility > Install > Gaming Hub boots up > Nothing else happens. Reboot again to see if I get the prompt again, still got the prompt.

I decided to just mute all notifications from Gaming Hub and so I won't be getting the annoying prompt upon boot up. Not sure what this legendary HP System Event Utility of myth and mystery should be doing, but it won't be missed.

Thanks for trying to help out anyways, Eddy 🙂

HP Recommended

I have got this exact same problem...EXACTLY THE SAME.....same messages uwp install etc..etc..etc..

Did you ever get this sorted atall or anyone with a fix.  I had this from day 1 hour 5 of owning this bloody thing...getting no support from HP.

At the verge of just sending this thing back.  Bought this for the control for online gaming.  You wouldnt buy n keep a  new car if it had a built in satnav but it wont work. Come on HP

HP Recommended

Didn't get it directly fixed pal. Was bugging me a lot but in the end I just shut down all notifications from the program and it does not appear anymore. The missing thing doesn't seem to affect functionality in any way so far, so it's either a bug or you can go on without it. Just restart the PC to get the pop-up bottom right and choose to not receive notifications from the program, either that or google how to do it through the windows settings (forgot how it goes exactly). Other than that software fault, the laptop is solid 🙂

HP Recommended

Hopefully you will read this.  Ive found how to get the HP system event utility back on and thought id share as your thread helped me (to know i wasnt on my own n going mad)

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-System-Event-Utility-OMEN-La...

the bottom comment has the microsoft store link for Hp system event utility.  It installed in mine and i have it back. Still not got Omen Gaming Hub working yet but this may help you

This is the direct link for the download from microsoft. i just followed exact what was directed in that post

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-system-event-utility/9p4w8rfn9m2t?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3Aoverv...

hope it helps

HP Recommended

Yeah, I did get it installed and uninstalled multiple times, I mention that in the thread. Problem is that the pop-up still shows up regardless 😄

HP Recommended

no problem, sorry thought you still had the UWP version.  This link installs the app version instead of uwp to stop the pop up...well it did for me lol.

Also got gaming hub working now aswell. Turns out Zonealarm firewall was the problem

cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.