Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15s-du2040tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! HP Audio Centre software was pre installed when I bought my laptop. It was working fine but a few months ago, the Equalizer from the software disappeared. I thought of reinstalling the software would resolve the issue. I uninstalled it but when I searched in Microsoft store for that software (from where I used to get updates for that software) it had disappeared from there. No sign of that anywhere. Where can I find and download that software again? I need that Equalizer soo bad.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Have you tried reinstalling the latest audio driver?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111673.exe

My notebook has gotten the HP Audio Center updates from the Microsoft store too, but when you search for it manually, it doesn't show up anywhere.

Perhaps the Microsoft Store detects the audio system installed and downloads the update automatically.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul. Thanks for replying! I downloaded and installed the driver you linked but it said that the driver is not supported by my OS.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 214101.png

I tried and downloaded the other drivers available from the official HP site (OS- WIndows 10 64-bit --- auto detected)  but they all failed. I even tried to install the driver which was released before I bought my laptop (20 April 2020 - 6.0.8867.1 Rev.A but it also failed.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 214349.png

Screenshot 2021-08-08 214223.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this works...if you didn't delete the driver folders yet in the C:\SWSetup folder, try manually updating the Realtek HD audio driver as follows...

Use the driver I posted as that seems to be the newest one available.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

Click on the Realtek HD audio driver listed there.

Click on the Driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp111673.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should update that way.

When it is finished restart the PC.

HP Recommended

hi

try this one

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111460.exe

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Paul. The driver you linked wasn't supported by my OS. But the driver linked by Prométhée installed. I restarted the system but not able to find HP Audio Centre in MS store. Do I uninstall the driver and reinstall it? If you dont mind, can you post the link of the software in MS store?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

hey Prométhée. Thanks! I installed it but didn't get any confirmation on the installation. Waited for an hour and restarted the system. Think it has been installed.

HP Recommended

Hi :

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to give you a link to the app in the Microsoft Store, because as I replied yesterday, I could not find any. 

You tried the manual install of the driver I posted and it still didn't work? 

Using that method usually bypasses the OS check. 

If nothing works, your notebook may be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

There is a link to the tool info on the model series' support page, so that is usually an indicator that the PC is supported.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hello
did you check which driver is finally installed from the device manager?
Usually the hp driver pack reinstall the audio software, if that is what you are looking for.
The driver may be working, it is already there, but it comes from another computer, so it is possible that the audio panel is not installed
I just published an article, already you can confirm if this is what you are looking for!
this is for desktop computers, but it should be similar:

Audio control

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hey Paul, I used the manual install method and installed all the four available drivers but the software doesn't seen to have installed. I don't like to do a recovery cuz I have my classes and all and I need this laptop so wont do a cloud recovery anytime soon. Thanks for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.