Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem right now too. My laptop also does not recognize my power cord. 
However, when I turn it off and leave it plugged in, the battery is full when I turn it back on after a few hours. 
But when the laptop is on and plugged in, it looks as if it is not plugged in and functions of of the battery. 
Both things accured at the same time (day before yesterday) AND my laptop is super slow all of the sudden.
Streaming movies is almost impossible, it's so choppy. Regular websites take forever to load and freeze randomly. 
It can't be out network, because all other laptops in our house work just fine. Exept mine. 
Notebook 15 -ish ,Touch screen.
HOW can this be fixed? I'm not a techy, so please tell me things I can actually do (besides turn it on and off/rebooting).
I ordered a new power cord and battery, they will arrive tomorrow. 
However that doesn't fix that "System board is missing or invalid..." message at start up. 
HELP!!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

That is because resolving that issue requires the use of a proprietary DMI tool and knowlege of the serial number/product number.

Only HP has that tool available as well as the required information to put in the BIOS. 

Is your notebook still in warranty?

What is the product number and complete product name of your notebook?

I can ask a Moderator to put you in touch with the appropriate team at hp who have the ability to resolve your issue

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes, please put me in touh with an appropriate team that can deal with that.
My notebook/laptop is not under warranty anymore. I  bought it in Nov. 2015.
The product name is : HP Notebook  (15.6"  TouchScreen)
Product Number: N5Y90UA#ABA 
I also tried to retrieve the CT number, but there was nothing listed where the CT number should be.

HP Recommended

I have pinged a Moderator about your issue.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you SO much, Erico!! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're welcome!

🙂

HP Recommended

@BerlinMamacita

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, Kevin-t, I'll look forward to the message/ help.  🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having exactly same issues. I was wondering if you were able to find a solution. I appreciate your help

@BerlinMamacita wrote:

I have the exact same problem right now too. My laptop also does not recognize my power cord. 
However, when I turn it off and leave it plugged in, the battery is full when I turn it back on after a few hours. 
But when the laptop is on and plugged in, it looks as if it is not plugged in and functions of of the battery. 
Both things accured at the same time (day before yesterday) AND my laptop is super slow all of the sudden.
Streaming movies is almost impossible, it's so choppy. Regular websites take forever to load and freeze randomly. 
It can't be out network, because all other laptops in our house work just fine. Exept mine. 
Notebook 15 -ish ,Touch screen.
HOW can this be fixed? I'm not a techy, so please tell me things I can actually do (besides turn it on and off/rebooting).
I ordered a new power cord and battery, they will arrive tomorrow. 
However that doesn't fix that "System board is missing or invalid..." message at start up. 
HELP!!

HP Recommended

@Sarah1534 

When members do get some help and a resolution to an issue, some never come back to the forum. That may be the case here.

Certainly.  I will ping a Moderator to escalate your issue.

Done!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.