Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
drummerkun1412 Tutor
Tutor
13 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SIM Card slot in my laptop - what's it for?

Hello,

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work? 

Thanks in advance for any answers. 

11 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5568 387 897
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The SIM card from a phone probably wouldn't work in the SIM slot. The SIM slot is for WWAN (mobile broadband) such as you used to see for USB 3G modems. Phones are typically provisioned differently with different options on the provider side which could prevent a phone SIM card from working properly in the SIM slot.

The following document discussing the WWAN function of the notebook. You will need to contact a provider and activate the service to get a SIM card for it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=3688868&objectID=c0108652...

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
bullo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank u to tell us the differance between mobile sim and 3G sim..  i think that my laptop can support my mobile sim and i can use the internet where i want . but  thats  not possible.  

0 Kudos
Hashmi570 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Compaq 6910p and it has Windows 7 64-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work? 

Thanks in advance for any answers. :smileyhappy:

subeer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work? 

subeer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers? Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work?

0 Kudos
zafarhashmi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sat 26 Apr

Hello,

0 Kudos
zafarhashmi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

0 Kudos
03038682635 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am zohaib khan

0 Kudos
03038682635 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am zohaib khan.i want sim card and fiths sannan program

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation