Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Star Wars 15t-an000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

After replacing the HP HD with a nice SSD, I reloaded Windows 10 and the drivers for the laptop from the HP site.  This included the "star wars command center" and the "R2-D2" application.  Everything is working fine, however, neither of the Star Wars applications are working.  I receive a "this system is not supported" message when I try to run them.  Windows is activated with the same serial number, so I'm really not sure what the issue is 😕

Any ideas?

Take care,

Julian

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hello @SabreOfSD,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Star Wars applications, and wanted to help!

You can try restoring the BIOS, using the following document: 

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

If you are still having trouble, then you can try performing the Microsoft Push-Button Reset.  Please let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@SDF15 wrote:

Hello @SabreOfSD,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Star Wars applications, and wanted to help!

You can try restoring the BIOS, using the following document: 

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

If you are still having trouble, then you can try performing the Microsoft Push-Button Reset.  Please let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

Neither of what you suggest will help and have nothing to do with the problem, they may do more harm than good.

HP Recommended

Mumbodog is 100% correct, that will not fix this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @SabreOfSD,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Did the applications work before installing the SSD?  If so, then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling those applications.  By restoring the BIOS, the system should check the hardware.  This is because you just changed the hardware in your unit to an SSD.  If the issue is not with the SSD, and with the Operating System, then restoring the Operating System may help to resolve the issue.  If you are still having trouble, then perhaps @Mumbodog, may have more troubleshooting steps to try.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Yes, the applications worked with the previous install.

After replacing the HP HD with a SSD, I reloaded Windows 10 and the drivers for the laptop from the HP drivers site.  This included the "star wars command center" and the "R2-D2" application.  These applications apparently sense if it is the right laptop (registry keys or something) to know if they can run.  This part is missing and I was hoping you all would know what was required 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello @SabreOfSD,

Thank you for the update!

If the applications worked before, then it seems that the issue is related to the hardware change.  What were the results from uninstalling and reinstalling the applications?  Did you try restoring the BIOS, or the Operating System?  Looking forward to your reply.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello everyone. 

I have this problem too.

I installed a new SSD and downloaded the Star Wars stuff again and none of it works now. Just get this message: This system is not supported

STAR WARS error.JPG

I installed three different BIOS from HP website and none of it made the Star Wars stuff work again. 

Can you please do something about this HP? I really want to get my Star Wars themes and sounds again!

HP Recommended

One more thing I tried. I installed net framework 3.5 but that didn't change anything. (The Star Wars command center setup app suggested that I should have the frame network up to date)

HP Recommended

I've done a little research and it looks like a bunch of the files are missing from the downloads.  They didn't do a very good job packaging this up and checking for the dependencies.  I'm hoping that they will come out with new downloads for it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.