Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-dh1025tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Windows was Updated to the latest version (v2004) Jun 2020. Prior to installation everything was working fine.

After the installation Touchpad is not working.

-- I have checked in device manager, I didn't find touchpad devices in 'Human Interface Devices' (HID) or in 'Mice and other pointing devices'

-- Moreover, There are no touchpad drivers available for Windows 10 v2020 on support page. Causing it to fail while installing. (error message while installtion : The driver is not supported on this OS version 10.0.18363)

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-dh1000-convertible-x360-pc-series/29...

-- I have tried this trick as well but the results are same.: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/TouchPad-Driver-for-Windows-10-...

Is there any solution to the problem ?

Annotation 2020-06-20 143628.png

Annotation 2020-06-20 143658.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ Thanks for your inputs.

Update regrading Touchpad drivers issue, I got update from windows for Biometric. After that The Touchpad issue seems to be fixed. However, my Biometrics were working totally normal prior to this update

Annotation 2020-06-27 111221.png

I have checked with device manager as well. Looks like the windows is detecting the TouchPad now. And windows settings also shows 'Your PC has Precesion Touchpad'

Annotation 2020-06-27 112454.png

So it looks like problem has been solved  now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kunalR Here's a related post that may have valuable suggestions on updating the windows at this time: click here to view, in my opinion, it's best to wait for the storm to settle down, give it a good month or two before updating any new releases as the drivers for the same aren't available yet, as you've rightly described on your screenshot, that said, the only other thing you can attempt is, using generic drivers for your touchpad by uninstalling the existing drivers to check if that works:

Follow the below steps to get the same done:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your valuable inputs regarding handling windows updates.

As you have suggested, installing generic drivers can be solution.

But the mouse is not getting detected by the system. (Check Screenshot)

Moreover, I have tried finding old drivers for the same in 'add and remove programs' as well as  in 'Programs and Features'  but they seems to be absent in both of the list.

Is there is any other way to check for old drivers ?

Annotation 2020-06-24 082911.png

Thank You

HP Recommended

@kunalR I'm afraid the only other way to revert to an older driver is to perform a system reset: click here for steps,

And let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ Thanks for your inputs.

Update regrading Touchpad drivers issue, I got update from windows for Biometric. After that The Touchpad issue seems to be fixed. However, my Biometrics were working totally normal prior to this update

Annotation 2020-06-27 111221.png

I have checked with device manager as well. Looks like the windows is detecting the TouchPad now. And windows settings also shows 'Your PC has Precesion Touchpad'

Annotation 2020-06-27 112454.png

So it looks like problem has been solved  now.

HP Recommended

@kunalR That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with HP Spectre x360.  The Touchpad/Click pad works but I need the Synaptics control panel so that I change the settings.  The Windows app to adjust sensitivity doesn't do anything.

My biometric device driver is v 5.5.10.1102 (22/08/2018) which seems to be a later version than that referenced above.

I am running Windows 10 v2004.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.