Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys!

I purchased a warranty extension 2 months ago, and it still not updated.

i tried contacting by opening a dispute - but every time I open a dispute they close it 2 days later, without giving me any information, not even a message "case closed".

I'm trying to get a hold of a real person chat, but I get blocked by the useless virtual agent, that keeps looping through

the same messages...

what can i do? who can i contact?

it is really frustrating coming from a big company like hp.

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@oh-da I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@oh-da 

That said,

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you @Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@oh-da I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I extended my warranty on July 23 but the Support Assistant still says my purchase warranty will expire in 7 days. There's some remark about registering it and/or waiting a few weeks but I can't find any way to register it. When I explore various HP websites, I get errors like 'cookie too large', 'request too long', no such page. Support Assistant has a login link but my various logins fail. This is turning into a big mess. I've been very pleased with the Support Assistant so far in sharp contrast to problematic software on previous HP computers I've had but now I'm starting to wonder. Please advise.

HP Recommended

@SpaceWizard

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Go to HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check. Select the country/region of purchase, type the product serial number, and then click Check warranty. The Product Warranty Results screen displays. If the warranty status details for your product are incorrect, click Dispute this.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05084516 to know more about How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my warranty.  I purchased a new HP Carepack and my warranty status still has not been updated on my customer dashboard.  I have spent two hours on hold trying to get in touch with customer service with no luck.  The virtual agent is not at all helpful.  Can anyone help me?

HP Recommended

Hi guys - 

so after 50 days since @Riddle_Decipher replied,

and i thought it was a solution - i am sorry to say that HP did not help me at all!

i did register my purchase

i did it 3 times! still - my warranty is not updated.

i tried using the chat - no one helped, just saying: "register"

i tried disputing - did it 6 times! 6! not a single replay about this.

(they state "1 business day", try never!)

this is absolutely awful customer service by HP

this experience will stay with me next time i need to purchase a computer

and i suggest other to do the same.

HP Recommended

@oh-da

Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi everybody, it's been 5 months now - still no one actually called me from support/customer service and updated my warranty status.

it's been 5 months now - I've made warranty dispute like 8 times

it's been 5 months now - I've registered my warranty about 5 times already

it's been 5 months now - I've been in contact with support and all they could tell me is that "someone will be in contact"

it's been 5 months, 5 months! that I receive no proper customer service for a service i purchased 5 months ago!

this is a horrible experience that tells me right where to put my money on future purchases.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.