Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectra 360 4k
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I am typing I have text characters turn black or whole lines of text turn black. This happens on all sorts of websites and occasionally within programs themselves. I also have issues where text disappears in Browser tabs. 

I have been trying to figure exactly the cause of this, but I am not having any luck. I notice this with both Firefox and Chrome.

I am attaching a screen grab for reference and any system update have been completed.

screen problem.PNG

system.PNG

Thank you

Kevin

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I'm having same problem, but its not just internet, its also time, battery percentage, Wifi network names, volume, etc. 

I have not found any solution to this problem either, I have HP pavilion and its only about a month old

HP Recommended

I can also confirm this is happening in other programs as well, for example Outlook 2016.

HP Recommended

Here are 2 more examples, one is of the Google Home Page and the other is of this HP support page.Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello!

I just purchased an HP x360 Spectre last night and am experiencing the same problems... Have you been able to fix it? Did you exchange or return your laptop for a different one?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

HP Recommended
I found that restarting my laptop will fix it for couple of days, but it's quite too late for me to replace or exchange my laptop because i bought it about 2months ago
HP Recommended

HP Support did a remote session with me. It seemed fixed at first, but now it is happening again.

I have owned it for a couple months and I am not sure if I can return.

I am going to try support again.

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem since last month. It started happening after a Windows 10 update, and unfortunately it didn't create a restore point even though it was a WINDOWS update (go figure). According to MS, the fix is to do a clean boot, but that is only  temporary fix if it works at all. Here is  link to the conversation on the MS forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/blacked-out-text/0dfa8056...

I found this issue posted on some other forums, but it appears to be a growing problem and nobody has any fix. 

HP Recommended

Still a problem and getting worse. Anybody seen any fixes for this??????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.