Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14 DV000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. HP says that the USB-C port on my Pavilion 14T is:
"1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HDMI 2.0, HP Sleep and Charge)"

However, I cannot get my monitor to wake up when connecting the laptop to a USB-C dock. Charging and USB peripherals all work, just no video.

So I wonder if the USB-C port is really capable of sending video at all, as I know that some Envy owners complained that the HP specs were false.

There may be an issue with the dock, too, but can anyone confirm they can get video out of the USB-C port? I have no other devices to be able to test this further.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@sonaldo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
  1. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  1. Windows Update.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Praveenbv, I have the exact same question as Sonaldo. I have an HP Pavilion 14t-dv000 and bought a QGeeM USB-C to HDMI adapter. When I connect to a Dell monitor via the USB-C adapter, the monitor is never recognized and I am unable send any video signal to that monitor.

Are you confirming that the USB-C port on the HP Pavilion 14t-dv000 does support video output via the USB-C port, as the 'External I/O Ports' would suggest on the specs page? If so, should it work with any USB-C to video output (HDMI, VGA, etc) adaptor, or do only certain ones work? I just received my laptop a week ago, so assume that the BIOS and other Drivers and Updates should already be up to date - do I really need to update those as you suggested? I have also seen this issue for many other users and it sounds like either a specific adaptor is needed or else the HP specs are false. Can you provide a more descriptive answer as to how to solve this issue.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Sonaldo! I finally figured this one out! I had the exact same issue in that my monitor would not wake up when connecting my Pavilion 14t-dv000 via a USB-C to HDMI adapter. I was using this QGeeM 3rd-party adapter and I never got it to work.

After trying with several different monitors, I finally ordered new adapters and it worked! No idea why, but somehow the adapter seems to affect whether the laptop recognizes the monitor or not. Two adapters worked for me: this HP one and this 3rd-party one. I can't explain why they worked and the other didn't, but they both solved the issue for me, and were simply a matter of plug-and-go, no software updates needed.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.