Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The screen flickers for 10-30 sec to 5-10 mins. I saw a post which is the same issue for the 840 G3 laptops that was marked fixed by HP while it is clearly still a huge problem. Please fix this issue since we bought a huge number of these laptops and we are ready to return them if this issue is not fixed.

78 REPLIES 78
HP Recommended

We have deployed (37) 840/850 G3's and there seems to be no common thread to the issue.  Some setups have monitor flicker issues, some don't.  All fixes per customer advisory c05240276 are being applied.  We use only HP Monitors (Z24i, E232).  End users are obviously not very happy!  We are running Win7 x64 Enterprise.  I have entered Case #'s with HP with little progress.  Never had this issue with the G2.

HP Recommended

Just out of curiosity, do the afflicted stations have wireless keyboard or mouse? I have been having the same sporadic issues, but oddly enough, the two main repeat offenders both have wireless mice/keybaords attached to the dock. The customer advisory speaks about WWAN activity or a cell phone nearby, but I wonder if the wireless adapters could be causing the same issue?

HP Recommended

I've had similar issues with the Elitebook 840 G3 (and other devices with  Win10 and integrated Intel video). Make sure you have the latest system BIOS and docking station firmware installed. If you are still having problems, try manually installing the Intel video drivers from Intel's webpage. Download the .zip file and not the installer (i believe the installer will tell you to use your vendor's drivers). Install the drivers manauly from device manager. I've had this work on a handful of notebooks and desktops so far. 

HP Recommended

We have no wireless keyboard or mice in our installations.  We also went through the WWAN and cell phone evailuation and it made no difference.

HP Recommended

This issue is not resolved, there are still spariodic Elitebook 840 G3 in our environment that does have this issue where the display goes out then comes back. The only to get teh display to work again is undock and wait a few sec then redock. I thought it was just my laptop since I do so much testing on it when this first issue arised, but as we deploy we have users that  are now seeing this issue. HP PLEASE FIX!!!! permanaently 

HP Recommended

Yes we have wireless keyboard and mouse but not all the laptops with wireless combo has issues. One of the recommendations is to update to the latest bios 1.10. I will report in a few days to see if the issue is now fixed with the bios update.

Link for the bios update that might fix the issue

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05240276&sp4ts.oid=8693764

HP Recommended

Speak to HP representative! There is a solution for this problem. Last delivery is already equiped with this HP Patch and is working fine (cca 5 days). Repaired unit is also working with no problems.

Regards,

Marko

HP Recommended

Hi Marko,

What HP Patch do you exactly mean?

A new one?

Regards Stefan 

HP Recommended

Sorry, it's really a HW patch - sticker, that comes on/under (??) CPU.

But after 3 days one NB started flashing - but I couldn't analyse details, because it's on other lokation.

Regards!

Marko

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.