Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13m-bd1000 (460Q3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I think I'm being swindled by the repair service team and HP in general. I dont know how their employees would benefit in any way or why they're doing what they're doing but here's my issue. Also, I was told by an HP chat employee to go to another platform with my issue and to find an alternate solution so, I dont know what to do.

They have had my laptop since early DECEMBER fixing an issue. I was sent a bill and a picture of my laptop screen which showed a huge crack all across my laptop. They said it wasn't covered under warranty and had to pay over $500 for the repair. I was in shock because I fully examed my laptop before it was sent out because Id rather not be without my laptop and if it was the screen I would have had a local repair shop do it. I know a cracked screen wouldn't be covered under warranty so why would I waste my time? I know that damage wasn't my damage but how can I prove it? But, isn't it the same for HP? They couldn't prove the damage was there? It's frustrating.

Some backstory on my communication with HP is they did create a claim/case for me because of my issue about what they were claiming. At the time of this, I didn't have a phone and could only communicate through email. I made sure to make a point that I could only communicate through email or US mail. I couldn't answer my phone or get my voicemails but I did respond through email. They ignored and disregard my emails and just closed my case without talking to me.

Fast forwarding to today now in MARCH I reached out to the generic HP chat for guidance and an explanation about why nobody has reached out or replied to my email. For goodness sake, they still had my property like it was no big deal.A $1000 laptop is a big deal to me.  The agent goes on to explain the diagnostic and that if I wanted my laptop back without a broken screen I had to pay for it. I was trying to explain that this was not my damage and what to do about investigating this issue. Well, he was just nasty and asked me a question like, " Why would the service repair team would break it?". I was speechless really and it seemed as if felt personally attacked by my asking. He was getting defensive and rude so I didn't want to make him more upset because I get there's only so much he can do. He started to really have a power trip at that point and said only the service team can talk to you and they already told you your options. I said ok, can I know who regulates the service team so I can reach out to them (It seemed the help I was needing now was about the process of investigating the service team and their procedures on diagnosing issues.) The agent writes nothing more than just HP does. He knew that would help. Then he continued to treat me horribly and told me he could debate me all day and he won't give me any resolution. What type of person says that to a customer? it's crazy to me. Anyway, I told him if I defended him that it wasn't my intention and I told him I appreciated his help and got off the chat. 

Now I'm here and I'm at a loss about what to do. 

If anyone wants the emails or the transcript of my chat with that agent I have them saved. I guess ill try to reach out on social media for advice too. Maybe it will reach someone who can help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JJJJay,

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message works, Click Here to learn about it.

Take care and have a nice day.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.