Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-db0016nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have a HP 15-db0016nm Laptop, which has a Ryzen 5 2500U Processor, AMD Vega 8 Graphics and 4 GB RAM.
I downloaded the Graphics card driver from here (HP's website), but when I try to play a HD movie (file format .mkv), I ever get Blue dead with Stop code: VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR.
I also tried AMD's latest driver, but nothing changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MineSlash

Thanks for the response.

Try the steps given below:

Enter safe mode: 

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart. 

2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. 

3. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options > select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking. 

Re-install Video & Sound card drivers: 

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. 

2. In the list of devices, expand the component you want to reinstall. 

3. Right-click the device and select Uninstall (do the same for both Audio driver & Display Adapters) 

4. Click on file and scan for hardware changes (that should automatically reinstall the drivers) 

Update your drivers using the HP Support Assistance: 

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant. 

2. The first time you open HP Support Assistant, a Welcome to HP Support Assistant window opens. 

3. The welcome window displays various default settings. 

4. Click Next to open the My devices window. 

5. Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, then click Updates in the My PC box. 

For more details: Click here 

  

Keep computer and video card adequately cool: 

Overheating can cause your video card’s chipset to lock up, so make sure your PC and your video card are adequately cooled. 

  

Hardware Acceleration to none: 

  

Setting the Hardware Acceleration option to None could fix the error. However, by doing so, you might reduce your video card’s functionality and performance. 

Follow these steps: 

1. Click Start 

2. Type display in the search results 

3. Select Display from the list 

4. Go to Change Display Settings 

5. Click Advanced Settings 

6. Go to Troubleshoot 

7. Click Change Settings 

8. Drag the Hardware Acceleration slider to None 

9. Click OK 

10. Restart your computer 

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MineSlash

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community.

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer.

I will be delighted to assist you here.

Is it a 4K video? 

Which software are you using to play it?

Is it happening when you are trying to play a game?

Let me know to assist you further with relevant steps. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

It's a 720p .mkv movie and the media player is VLC Media Player. However I finally fixed it with a little trick.

1. Removed every AMD Drivers using AMD Clean Utility and DDU.

2. I installed HP's Graphics card driver.

3. I downloaded the latest AMD Driver and I installed the display driver manually.

After that everything was fine except the Radeon software, because the software and driver version was not the same, so:

4. I opened regedit and changed software (or driver) version and everything work.

Now I can play the movie without any problem, BUT:

When I try mine crypto coins using my GPU, I ever get blue screen dead and atikmpag.sys error. If you can help with it to me, please write here or a PM message. I tried a lot of drivers to make it working, but nothing. I also found a solution (the atikmpag.sy_ replace with atikmpag.sys), but there was some problems:

1. I didn't find atikmpag.sys inside System32/drivers (and nowhere except DriverResponsibily folder).

2. In that folder I can't rename it, even if I am administrator.

3. I didn't find atikmpag.sy_ inside driver's folder (only atikmpag.sys).

Please let me know if you can help me with this problem (I don't want to mine with it, I just want test the GPU Power).

HP Recommended

@MineSlash

Thanks for the response.

Enter safe mode: 

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart. 

2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. 

3. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options > select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking. 

3. Right-click the device and select Uninstall (do the same for both Audio driver & Display Adapters) 

4. Click on file and scan for hardware changes (that should automatically reinstall the drivers) 

2. The first time you open HP Support Assistant, a Welcome to HP Support Assistant window opens. 

5. Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, then click Updates in the My PC box. 

  

Overheating can cause your video card’s chipset to lock up, so make sure your PC and your video card are adequately cooled. 

  

  

Setting the Hardware Acceleration option to None could fix the error. However, by doing so, you might reduce your video card’s functionality and performance. 

Follow these steps: 

1. Click Start 

6. Go to Troubleshoot 

7. Click Change Settings 

9. Click OK 

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Barachiel wrote:

@MineSlash

Thanks for the response.

Enter safe mode: 

  

  

  

Follow these steps: 

1. Click Start 

6. Go to Troubleshoot 

7. Click Change Settings 

9. Click OK 

Keep me posted. 🙂

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer. I tried both methods, but the result is the same. I got atikmpag.sys blue screen death everytime when I try to mine with GPU.

UPDATE:

I changed the intensity of the miner from default 448 to 64 and now it's working. Looks like the problem was with the config and not with the driver/hardware. Now I am happy (don't worry, I won't mine on this laptop, I just wanted to test it's performance). 🙂

Thank you for your help! 

HP Recommended

@MineSlash

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.