Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
The wireless tv connect 2 is still being sold by HP. They need to fix this. I am still using it on Windows 8.
HP Recommended

Ramvoo

I have looked further into this issue for you and have found intel Drivers for Wireless Display that should resolve your issue. I am linking the site below and would advise you to go to the site and choose the appropriate drivers for your system, download and install them.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&Produc...

Please re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

The HP Wireless connect is  WHDI...is it compatible with Intel WiDi? Will the WiDi Drivers work?

HP Recommended

Ramvoo

Seeing as the HP Wireless Connect is a wireless display device and WiDi stands for Wireless Display I would say yes they should work. The only way to know if they will fix your issue is to try it and see.

Please re-post with the results of this step and any messages that are displayed.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi there...

I tried the intel Drivers for Wireless Display... Didn´t help...

:mansad:

HP Recommended

Sebastian1979

I am linking you to an intel Process document on how to upgrade your WiDi device to Windows 8.1 that I located for you it is titled "Intel® WiDi transition after upgrading to Microsoft Windows* 8.1 ". Check the document to ensure that you have followed the steps indicated.

Intel® WiDi transition after upgrading to Microsoft Windows* 8.1
http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/#portal/1026/ar...

Please re-post with the results of these steps and the status of your issue.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi there...

Didn´t work... AGAIN!!!

I have an Asus Zenbook UX51VZ-DB114H  with an 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-3632QM

First I downloaded the Intel Graphics driver for 3rd generation with Intel® HD Graphics 4000... 

Did not work... Told me that my system doesn´t meet the system requirements?!?!

Automatic driver detection didn´t work either: We're sorry—this page is temporarily unavailable.

Updated the Intel Wireless driver...

Uninstalled WIDI Software...

Nothing changed...

I plug the transmitter into the HDMI port... No light... I press the button on the transmitter for 2-3 seconds...

Blue light starts to blink... and then the device makes the unplugged sound (like when you unplug a usb drive)

Any other recommendations?...

Best,

Sebastian

HP Recommended

Sebastian1979

As your computer is an Asus and not an HP I would recommend that you submit this question to the Asus Forums as the HP Connect 2 is a plug and play device and the WiDi drivers for it from intel have been made available to you. The only other places to look for a resolution is the hardware of the HP Connect 2 or the operating system of your computer which is the responsibility of your OEM as they are the only ones that will know what modifications were made to it and what updates are available.

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
My HP dv6t-2300 has a series 5 chipset...which is pre intel widi.
HP Recommended

Ramvoo

Unfortunately, intel does not make drivers for the series 5 chipsets for Windows 8.1 at this time. At the moment only series 6 and 7 chipsets are supported.

The following is the Guided Help for Upgrading to Windows 8.1 for WiDi

http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelWiDi/#portal/1026/ca...

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.