Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I cite your own product description:

(Requires any PC with availableHDMI and USB port.) from http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Specialty-Products/QE389AA

So referring me to the ASUS product support is kind of a lame excuse...

I also didn´t get the impression that you could fix it for anybody else... at least based on the entries in this forum...

So... What are your refund policies?...

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The Solution: As stated previously, in the control panel go to Devices and Printers...go to the bottom to the Unspecified section...right click on HP Wireless Video Transmitter and select properties. Go to the Hardware Tab. In the device functions section Highlight HID-compliant vendor-defined device and click properties at the bottom. Click on Disable device at the bottom. The HP wireless transmitter and receiver connect properly automatically.

HP Recommended

As stated previously... NOT WORKING!!!

HP Recommended
I got it to work...it has been working with out any problem...
HP Recommended
All that did was disable it so it doesn't work at all.
HP Recommended
Hi, how are you doing? Shouldn't I get a Kudos or at least some kind of acknowledgement for posting the solution that actually seems to work? My frustration level went through the roof when the pc to tv wireless failed upon upgrading to 8.1 pro. But I wouldn't give in even after several hours of going back and forth with chat support whose conclusion was to revert to 8.0 which any sane person wouldn't do. So after hours more of trying to get the wireless to work, also which any sane person probably wouldn't do, I hit upon the "disable device" solution. Thank you very much and I really hope that Sebastian1979 gets it worked out.
HP Recommended
Doncrane,

I would suggest uninstalling or deleting HP wireless video transmitter from the unspecified section of devices and printers. Unplug the hdmi transmitter device from your computer....restart windows and then reconnect it....windows will quickly install drivers. Following the instructions in my previous post exactly....and it should work....it worked for me.
HP Recommended
Thanks for the Kudos!!
HP Recommended

I can confirm that the solution works (disabling it as described here).

It worked for my Samsung Series 7 Ultrabook running Win 8.1

Funny thing is, that it breaks the 5 GHz Wifi. The second I unplug the transmitter, my Wifi works again. I guess I'm switching to the 2,4 GHz Wifi then, which keeps working.

I'm going to re-update my Desktop PC to 8.1 again and check if it's working there too. Had to reinstall Win8 on there because the wireless transmitter didn't work.

Update:

Also worked on my Desktop PC after updating to 8.1 by deactivating the device from "devices and printers"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.