Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I keep getting a green screen and my laptop is green. Some help to why this is happening as when I sign in its green as well. One day it was fine now green plus I tried repairing it and no luck. I have a hp touch smart tm2. If I can post a picture I will try.
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi AkilB,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding the green screen you are getting with your laptop and I will be happy to help. Besides the green screen does it look like everything is normal on the screen or you are getting an error message? It could be a problem with the actual display screen. Do you have an external monitor that you can connect to the laptop? If you do and the monitor is getting the green screen then we know it is a driver issue but if doesn't happen then we know it is a hardware failure. What operating system are you using? What is the product number for your TouchSmart?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi 

No I tried to repair it and do a system repair but no luck.Now I got another green screen saying bootmGR is missing  Press Ctrl+alt+del  to restart.

But when i do the ctrl+alt+del (multiple time) it still show the green screen. So not sure what I did now.

It a touchsmart tm2

Product#[removed key]

I think that might be it as i can hardly see it 

Operating system - I cant remember

HP Recommended

photo 3.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi AkilB,

Here is a third-party link on how to resolve the Bootmgr is missing error message. One of the most common fixes is a Windows repair which you have already tried but there are a couple of steps to try. If the link doesn't help then I recommend that you either have a local technician take a look at it or call HP regarding sending it for repairs. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here if you live outside of North America.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi 

I am in the uk so do you have a uk repair center just in case?

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for your help it use to look like this when it loaded now the green screen shows upphoto 2.JPG

HP Recommended
Hi I don't think my touch smart tm2 came with a window vista disc as it was already installed. Is there any other way to fix my bootmgr missing screen?
HP Recommended
Hi I have manage to fix the issue by doing a recovery but I think I lost all my files and software which I had as it looks like a complete new factory setup. Is there anyway to retrieve my files?
HP Recommended

Hi AkilB,

Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve those files now. They are wiped out during the recovery process. You can order recovery discs from HP it was one of the reasons that I referred you to HP. The link I provided in my last post will directly to the contact information for the United Kingdom.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.