Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get notifications that there are Radeon Sotware updates available.  I bring up the AMD Software app installed on my laptop.   

Current version:   2020.0228.1832.33370

System:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

Under the System tab there should be a menu choice to update but there is not.  Its almost like its disabled.

The app does not offer an option to install the upgrade.   I closed and opened the app in Admin mode, no difference.

No menu choice, offered to updated at all.

How can I turn on the menu choice so I can update the Radeon software?     OR is there a simple way to update the software outside of that app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Scott_Burrows 

OK, that's probably because you have a really OLD version of the Radeon Software -- Feb 2020.  The version I am using is from Nov 2020 -- so they could have changed the interface in the interim.

You can go to this page and see if auto-detect finds the current drivers:  https://www.amd.com/en/support

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Scott_Burrows 

I presume you mean the Radeon Software app that is launched from the System Tray.

When you open the screen, the menu item System should be highlighted in the upper left.  Look down the left side under Software & Driver and it should show the most current Radeon Software Version and the Status on your PC.

Look further down on the left and it will have:

Preferred Software Version -- Recommended Only or Recommended + Optional

Check for Updates -- Automatic (on or off)

Download Drivers & Software -- Disabled or Enabled

To get driver updates, you have to at least have the Download setting to Enabled.

HP Recommended

@wawood,

Thanks for your reply.

Under Software and Driver I do not have what you list below.   They are just not there.

None of these are there:

"Preferred Software Version -- Recommended Only or Recommended + Optional

Check for Updates -- Automatic (on or off)

Download Drivers & Software -- Disabled or Enabled"

See image I posted below:

Radeon Software No-Update.PNG

HP Recommended

@Scott_Burrows 

OK, that's probably because you have a really OLD version of the Radeon Software -- Feb 2020.  The version I am using is from Nov 2020 -- so they could have changed the interface in the interim.

You can go to this page and see if auto-detect finds the current drivers:  https://www.amd.com/en/support

HP Recommended

@WAWood,

Yes, thanks that solved it.   I went to the AMD link you provided.   Downloaded and installed the latest Adrenaline software.   I can now see the menu options you mentioned.

Thank you

-Scott

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.