Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently updated my Elitebook 820 G3 to Windows 10 1903. After updating I noticed that my trackpoint and associated mousebuttons on top of touchpad are no longer working. I removed Synaptics driver and after reboot both touchpad and trackpoint will work but without proper multitouch. When I re-install driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-820-g3-notebook-pc/7815289/model/78152... trackpoint and top mousebuttons will again stop working.

I can still adjust Synaptics TouchStyk settings from Mouse Properties but they have absolutely no effect on anything.  TouchPad on the other hand seems to be working just fine.

Software Versions:

Windows 10 1903 64bit, build 18326.239

Synaptics Driver: 19.0.19.70

If anyone has info on driver version that works, I would appreciate it.

Br. Miika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Same here with Elitebook 840 G3 and 850 G3

I found a workaround rolling back Synaptics Driver to version 19.0.19.69

It seems to be an issue with latest version of Synaptics Driver

Marco

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Same here with Elitebook 840 G3 and 850 G3

I found a workaround rolling back Synaptics Driver to version 19.0.19.69

It seems to be an issue with latest version of Synaptics Driver

Marco

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the tip!

Problem seems to indeed be newest Synaptics driver, Windows update must have updated that as well at some point. Only difference from your solution is that I found only version 19.0.19.68 but that seems to work as well.

-Miika

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem on my HP 840 G3. I was reinstalling windows, and installed Synaptics drivers "19.0.19.70 Rev.A" from HP site. Then I noticed, trackpoint is not working. I uninstalled Synaptics drivers and waited for windows to install his own drivers. Trackpoint has started to work, but like @up said, I lose multitouch. After few minutes, windows installed Synaptics automatically, and trackpoint stop worked again.

I will check with X.69/68

HP Recommended

@HP SUPPORT... please remove the bad driver from your support site so that others do not download it and run into this issue. 

s/MJC
HP Recommended

HP obviously took notice of Golf5367's comment and removed the driver.

I was reinstalling an EliteBook 840 G2 and the driver site still recommends 19.0.19.70 Rev.A, but the download link does not work. The G3 version has the same link. As I  was doing a new installation I could not rollback to 19.0.19.69.

The 840 G4 page recommends 19.3.8.32 Rev.A  so I tried. It seems to work, and has multi-touch. If I ask Windows to update the driver, it says that windows  has determined I have the best driver installed. The rollback solution seems better to me, but this is an alternative worth trying if you don't have that option.

HP Recommended

Very impressive! I reported that the drivers site did not have a link to a valid driver a few hours ago. Now it doe have a valid link to 19.9.19.68 RevA. I can put that on my machine!

Thanks to  the HP staff who do obviously read this forum and act if possible.

HP Recommended

I am having same problem.Can you give me the link please.

HP Recommended

Mine was an Elitebook 820 g2 for which the drivers are at

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-820-g2-notebook-pc/7343192

Make sure you are in the download area for the PC model you are using. Different hardware needs different drivers for optimum performance.

The Synaptics driver was under Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices where there is a Synaptics Mouse Driver entry.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.