Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to set up my laptop to project a second screen onto a TV wirelessly.  I can hook it up with a hardwire HDMI with mostly no problems (It has stopped before, and I had to restart to get it going again.)

I bought this Actiontec SBWD100A01 ScreenBeam Pro Wireless Display Receiver for WiDi Laptops/ Miracast Devices and it works flawlessly with my Android cell phone, but my fancy new Spectre x360 Convertible can't even "see" it.  When I hit "connect" nothing comes up on the list.  Seriously!  If my old Note 3 cell phone can find it, my laptop should be able to, right?

I did wirelessly connect to a Samsung TV once at my son's house a couple months ago, and it worked fine the first time, but the second time I tried it, it didn't work.  Even the hardwired HDMI stopped working.  I didn't try a restart at that time.  I just gave up.  I was on vacation.  Way to show off my new toy, NOT!

I bought this "top-of-the-line" computer for my business, and I'm trying to project a Power Point for a Kindermusik class.  I am able to connect to my wireless keyboard/remote (Koolertron 4 in 1 iPazzPort 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Air Mouse Keyboard with IR Remote ), which helps, but I don't want to be tethered to the wall with the laptop, causing a tripping hazard for my dancing, wandering toddlers.

I I I

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Lallette,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the Miracast issue, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

It seems that the ScreenBeam product can stream content from most Intel WiDi, and WiFi Miracast enabled devices.  It does not seem that it guarantees every device.  Based on your model, HP Spectre x360 notebooks are Miracast compatible.  Try checking the WiFi, to verify that it is working properly.  Then test the notebook to verify that it can Miracast natively, without the product.  If the notebook is working as it should, then you may consider contacting Actiontec Support.  Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

RE: "Then test the notebook to verify that it can Miracast natively."  I have no idea how to do this.

Product number N1R86UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi there.  this is an old post but wanted to see if you got your issue resolved as I have intermittent issues with my wireless display connect.

Trying to connect natively means you laptop can actually do wireless display connect without using external accessories.  So, click on new notification icon and Connect from Action setting.  If your TV is miracast compatible and set up properly to accept connections from external devices, your TV should show up as a device to connect to on Win 10. I guess you need to turn off the external wireless device first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.