Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion DV4-1241BR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Friends.

Good afternoon.
The screen of my Pavillion DV4-1241BR has been swapped and with Windows 7, as with Windows 10, set to SUSPEND when a lid is closed, it does NOT. The lid is closed and the notebook is still working.
Because Windows setup is OK, i think then problem is with the hardware.
Please any guidance / tips?

Tks!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@webipsum

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not going to sleep when you close the lid.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked the power plan settings? Here is how you can check the settings.

1. Type Control Panel in the search box.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Click Power Options.
  4. Click Choose what closing the lid does.
  5. Use the drop down boxes next to When I close the lid: to select your desired settings.
  6. Click Save Changes.

If the settings are correct then I recommend you run the power troubleshooter.

Here is how it is done.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.

Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.

From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.

Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.

From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.

Click on ‘Save changes’ button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette
Thank you so much for your effort.
I performed all the suggested items step by step.
The problem continues.
Like I said, I think the problem is physical (hardware):
"Because the installation of Windows is good, I think the problem is in the hardware."
If so, orient me where I should physically act on the notebook to solve.
Maybe a tutorial ... 🙄
Tks!

HP Recommended

@webipsum

I recommend you contact support if you think it is a hardware issue and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thankful, but because dv4-1241br has been discontinued, I can't find information and services on the HP website.
I would like information on where it is located and how the dv4-1241br Internal display switch works.
I saw a photo that shows the location in the lower left corner of the screen, dismounted and couldn't find ...
If any friends have the function working on your dv4-1241br or equivalent and have any tips ...
Grateful for your information.

HP Recommended

Good Morning.
I received a gift from a friend of an HP Pavilion dv4-1241br that works 99%.
The only item that doesn't work is: SUSPENSION AFTER CLOSING THE NOTEBOOK COVER!
I took assistance, however, as the HP Pavilion dv4-1241br was discontinued, missing information to make it repairable.
To find the defect, I need help. Please:
1) When you close the HP Pavilion dv4-1241br cover or equivalent, does the notebook enter sleep mode?
2) Can you tell me how the HP Pavilion dv4-1241br coverage sensor works?
3) Do you know where the HP Pavilion dv4-1241br coverage sensor is located (if possible with the photo)? Note: There is an image that shows that it is not located in the lower left corner of the cover, but I already searched here and did not find it.

Tks.

NOTE 1: My friend said the HP Pavilion dv4-1241br monitor has already been replaced.
NOTE 2: Because the HP Pavilion dv4-1241br has been discontinued, I cannot find any information on the HP website.
NOTE 3: Item below don't helped me:

HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC Display Replacement Guide

HP Recommended

@webipsum,

Please refer to the below service guide (Page 25) for the display assembly components for your computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01597750.pdf

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette.

Ok.
Please, where is it internally located and where is the Internal display switch connected, cited as item 1 on page 14?
Tks.

HP Recommended

@webipsum,

I will not be able to tell you that information as I do not have the same laptop with me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette.
Thank you very much for your attention.
It's unfortunate that I can't get the information on where Internal display switch is located on the HP Pavilion dv4-1241 series!
Already checked at the top, under the keyboard and the display itself, without success.
In spite of my efforts to obtain the information in an appropriate place (HP Community), I conclude that I must give up and live with the problem.
Once again I am grateful to you ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.