cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

half my screen is black with thick white stripes

HP Recommended
HP pavilion TS 11 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP pavilion TS 11 notebook PC (E3Z77EA#ABH),

this morning i started it up, and worked perfectly,

while it was loading half my screen was suddenly white, first i waited but nothing happend,

then i tried to restart my laptop and then there were some thick black stripes(see photo)(the white dot in the center is not actually  visible on my screen, that is from the camera)(the white dot in the center is not actually visible on my screen, that is from the camera)

(these stripes sometimes appear in a different pattern after i restart it)

I already connected an external monitor, and that worked just fine.

how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,250 15,228 1,196 1,193
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MAARTENBEUTE

Check-in BIOS mode- tap on F10 repeatedly during a restart and it should enter BIOS mode, see if the lines appear in BIOS mode.

If yes, it is a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation