Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Pavillion G6

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Check your power settings. Right click on an empty spot on you desktop, click on screen saver, click on change power settings, change the plan and then advanced settings. You can set the brightness intensity there and a lot of other things that you want to happen when plugged in and not plugged in.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

its because of your  settings

solution 

go to

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings

or u can copy and pass the link into your adress bar 

you should see 

Capture.PNG

you would need to adjust the plan brightness once that is done you should be good 

leave a kudo if that works for u 

HP Recommended

Thanks Danjen, but no luck. I had tried this without result. I set the screen to the highest brightness for both DC and AC power. I also can't adjust the brightness using the function key. It's like the Dark Lord has taken over. What else can I try?

Thanks so much for your help.

Jeffrey

HP Recommended

How is the screen brightness if you do not have the battery plugged in? You may have a problem with the power circuit.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

Danjen,

I think we're getting closer. When the AC adapter is NOT plugged in, the screen is not very bright. When I plug in the adapter, the screen goes VERY dim. A hardware problem?

Thanks again,

Jeffrey

HP Recommended

Is it any different if you have the AC adaptor plugged in only and the battery is not in the notebook while the AC adaptor is plugged in?

HP Recommended

Check out this thread but make sure you have your important data backed up or you have the hard drive disconnected:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/HP-Pavilion-G4-1125DX/m-p/1660259#M49227

HP Recommended

Thanks this worked!  Restarting taking out the battery and holding down the power key!  THANKS

HP Recommended
Great yes thanks this worked for me too. Battery out power on.. cheers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.