Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 2005AX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I am unable to use the bluetooth  on my HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Windows 7 64 bit laptop as reimage. I cannot search any bluetooth device under add drive and neither is my laptop visible when I search bluetooth device on my mobile. However I am able to connect to WiFi

I am not sure if the issue is driver relater or Bluetooth adapter needs to be manually activated. I have tried installing several drivers but it did not help.  

Bluetooth adapter hardware ID:

USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D&REV_0001
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D

Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for all your help 😎. I wasn't keen towards re-imaging my computer so I tried searching Atheros driver of different HP model.

I found SP55714 on some website and and installed it but again it extracted the files but the installation did not process. 

Then I checked  C:\SWSetup\SP55714\Win7 where the files were extracted and ran Bluetooth_Suite_win7.EXE

The Bluetooth Suite automatically removed old drivers and installed and correct driver. 

Just a reboot and Bluetooth device connected successfully!!!   😀

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the Atheros Bluetooth driver?

If not, you need to...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52803.exe

HP Recommended

The Atheros Bluetooth driver installation starts and then disappears. No error or installation confirmations. May be it's conflicting with existing drivers as I tried installing some drivers earlier (which did not help). How do I get this installed?  

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is possible.

I would try uninstalling any Bluetooth software you see listed in the control panel>programs menu and if that doesn't work, you will probably have to reinstall W7 from scratch again.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for all your help 😎. I wasn't keen towards re-imaging my computer so I tried searching Atheros driver of different HP model.

I found SP55714 on some website and and installed it but again it extracted the files but the installation did not process. 

Then I checked  C:\SWSetup\SP55714\Win7 where the files were extracted and ran Bluetooth_Suite_win7.EXE

The Bluetooth Suite automatically removed old drivers and installed and correct driver. 

Just a reboot and Bluetooth device connected successfully!!!   😀

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you found a newer driver that worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.