Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G2 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Am using an HP ProBook 440 Laptop and whenever i plug the Ethernet cable in it automatically disconnect the WIFI and when I connect the hotspot it immediately get disconnected because the WIFI is disconnected immediately. i have tried to used some advice I got in the link bellow to run the bios and check the book that says LAN/WLAN Switching but the problem didn't get resolved.

the link I receive advice from is bellow:

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c05821222 

Can you please advice me how to resolve this because I want my laptop to keep WIFI on when i connect the Ethernet cable so i can be able to Use the computer Hotspot.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have already disabled the LAN/WLAN Switching setting in the BIOS, see if this works...

Go to the Windows control panel>system & security>administrative tools> services.

Stop the "HP LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching UWP Service" and change the startup to manual.

Now both the WIFI and ETHERNET should work at the same time

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have already disabled the LAN/WLAN Switching setting in the BIOS, see if this works...

Go to the Windows control panel>system & security>administrative tools> services.

Stop the "HP LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching UWP Service" and change the startup to manual.

Now both the WIFI and ETHERNET should work at the same time

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

thank you for the reply. am applying what you suggested but there is no change.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you.  Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

It has worked for other forum members with HP business notebooks, such as in this case.

Solved: Re: When I connect the ethernet cable, my wifi disconnects. ... - HP Support Community - 786...

HP Recommended

Dear Paul.

Sorry for not testing well the solution that you gave me this morning I redid what you suggested and after doing it I connected my hotspot and it worked perfectly. am very happy for your support. and let me know what I can do to recommend the help that you offer to many more HP Users. for now am going to Press Like on the answer you gave me

Much Appreciation because I've been looking on how I can solve this issue for 1 months and i tried different things and it didn't work but you helped me. many thanks again

Thank you very much. 

Done.png

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.