Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ah ignore me, installed the latest intel driver and all is working
HP Recommended

It's under "unknown device". Just install latest Intel driver, reboot and it should be fine

HP Recommended

hey i got it to work

just go to device manager and right click on the unknown usb device with the problem than klick on uninstall driver and click uninstall after that the system will install the driver automatically again and after that bluetooth will work again!

mabay you need to reboot after uninstall

hope i could help you 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

In the last few hours, I tried every workaround solution I have been able to find in the HP forum, to no avail.

The only thing that worked for me was the following:

Make sure you have some version of intel bluetooth software installed. Then, download the latest update from intel's website (20.40.0 at this moment). Now, you have to uninstall the version you have installed, whichever it is, but don't do it from the windows panel. Open the installer you just downloaded and uninstall it from there! This simply action immediatly prompted Windows on my computer to finally recognize the bluetooth device. Finally, install the bluetooth software from the file you downloaded.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

I followed this advice, and it works! 

I have two of these Spectre X360's.  Both had the same problem.  The first one went in for warranty repair and had to reinstall the OS and all apps.  The second timer around, the advice below did the trick:  Uninstalling the Intel BT software and reinstalling with the latest is a lot simpler!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.