Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Nope. It's a clean OS installation.

pic7.png

HP Recommended

So you are saying you can't pair devices? You need to pair for them to connect.

HP Recommended

There's no device to pair since I can't add it

pic8.pngpic6.png

HP Recommended

For some reason your pictures are not loading.

When you did a clean install, did Bluetooth work before all the Windows Updates installed?

HP Recommended

The only reason for clean install was the fact that BT stopped working for no reason.

HP Recommended

But right after the clean install, did Bluetooth start working again before Windows Update kicked in? If it didn't work right after the clean install, then there may be something wrong with the hardware.

HP Recommended

It didn't work, BT wouldn't even show. I guess OS was automatically updated right after the installation/during the installation.

I'm so pissed I actually booted up Linux and everything works just fine, unfortunately, due to work I need this atrocious OS called Windows.

HP Recommended

Okay, if it works under Linux, it's probably not hardware. At least we can rule that out. Try another clean install, don't connect to the internet and make sure bluetooth works, then do the windows update, if there's a way to stop the 20.20.0.5 install, stop that. If not, let it install, then install 20.30.0 over it. I'm out of ideas.

HP Recommended

I'm going to wait a few days for MS to roll out another patch to fix this **bleep**up. I've already spent way too much time trying to fix this.

HP Recommended

@theSpirea wrote:

I'm going to wait a few days for MS to roll out another patch to fix this **bleep**up. I've already spent way too much time trying to fix this.

I'm not sure this is MS' fault. Oh, I blame MS for Windows Update being "simplified" so now even drivers are autoinstalled. Windows 7 used to have drivers in the Optional update category. I've been thinking that this is mostly a HP caused problem. I may be wrong here, but 20.20.0.5 isn't a version listed on the Intel driver site. This makes me think that it's one of those OEM approved drivers and the OEM in this case is HP. So this means HP must have signed off on it for MS to include it in Windows Update. As I said, I could be wrong here, but this is what I'm thinking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.