HP Recommended
ah ignore me, installed the latest intel driver and all is working
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 42 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's under "unknown device". Just install latest Intel driver, reboot and it should be fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 43 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hey i got it to work

just go to device manager and right click on the unknown usb device with the problem than klick on uninstall driver and click uninstall after that the system will install the driver automatically again and after that bluetooth will work again!

mabay you need to reboot after uninstall

hope i could help you 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 44 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

In the last few hours, I tried every workaround solution I have been able to find in the HP forum, to no avail.

The only thing that worked for me was the following:

Make sure you have some version of intel bluetooth software installed. Then, download the latest update from intel's website (20.40.0 at this moment). Now, you have to uninstall the version you have installed, whichever it is, but don't do it from the windows panel. Open the installer you just downloaded and uninstall it from there! This simply action immediatly prompted Windows on my computer to finally recognize the bluetooth device. Finally, install the bluetooth software from the file you downloaded.

Hope it helps.

Highlighted
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 45 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed this advice, and it works! 

I have two of these Spectre X360's.  Both had the same problem.  The first one went in for warranty repair and had to reinstall the OS and all apps.  The second timer around, the advice below did the trick:  Uninstalling the Intel BT software and reinstalling with the latest is a lot simpler!!!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation