Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2000-425NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I reset and reinstalled windows 10 cause errors kept popping up and now my WiFi doesn't work I'm fixing to throw this piece of junk away

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Chast02

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link

Once installed, shut down your computer.

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

If it passes the tests, install all available windows and HP updates using a wired network to resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think the wifi options are gone because the wireless button(F12) is amber. How do I turn it back on?

HP 2000-425NR

HP Recommended
  1. I have a few steps that will resolve your concern,  

2. Do a hard reset of the notebook to see if that gets the card to show up.   

Click here for instructions.  

1. Reinstall the drivers from the HP website.  

2. If the issue persists, recover the original drivers from HP/Recovery manager.  

3. Initiate a system restore followed by a Recovery to resolve the issue.  

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did what you said and nothing changed fixing to just buy a new computer

HP Recommended

@Chast02

I understand your concerns.

Please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Well I tried to follow your directions but the last two didn't happen. Didn't let me pick the country and no number popped up just ask the community 

HP Recommended

@Chast02

I have sent you a private message with the number.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm seriously starting to think you don't know squat about computers I tell you i don't have wifi wif send me instructions you need wifi for I tell you I can't get ahold of hp and you send me the same thing do you know your head from a hole?!

HP Recommended

@Chast02

I understand your concerns.

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.